Sterling bullet

Highwayman

bored.
I’m looking at a 2008 bullet that won’t start and no one else wants to give the owner the time of day.

First place I looked showed me what I figured it would. Turn the key, “check gauges”. Trans position (auto, obviously) doesn’t show up on the dash. Truck has an engine out of a ‘12 3500 supposedly, if that matters.

Honestly, I’m not sure if the computers change things on these, or if you work them as you would a light duty truck. There’s a couple parts trucks around that I could pull parts if they are compatible.

Where would you start?

I’ll get clarification today, but I’m willing to bet it was. In that case, I hope the donor truck is still sitting on the yard, but it’s likely a 68rfe truck.

The solus didn’t like it. It only showed engine rpm, something else generic engine related and PTO status. Nothing when manually selecting comm protocols. So, basically nothing is talking?

Interesting 08 uses cm2100 and a separate tcm aisin or 68, the 2012 uses cm2200 with internal tcm so to speak and different chassis plugs. Did they re pin the chassis to fit the 2200 or did they hang the 2100 on the motor and use 08 motor harness... You may have a fun one lol Can you read the vin out to verify what ecm they used? Also crank no start if the ecm vin doesnt match the TIPM or security module it wont start.... Can you get into any module?

I couldn't get into anything except I think live data which is where it showed those three points. Vin wouldn't show, I tried that to see if it matched the truck i think they pulled the engine from. There are about 5 trucks there in pieces, and i'm afraid there are parts of every one of them on there.
The owner wasn't there today, but I'm going to try and find out the full story of what came from where. It's odd, because it was a running, driving truck a couple of weeks ago, so I'm assuming the trouble started when they swapped engines for some reason.
A quick glance looked like everything was plugged in with factory harnesses, but again, i'm not sure what electronics are different on all of these different trucks, especially through the years. If the donor truck had an aisin, I thought maybe I could use all of its modules, but then its a 3rd gen cluster...?

I'll get my story straight and call/text you.

Back