retractable hose reels

bradley59dzl

looking for three 3/8 and one 1/2 50 footers.. What are one to buy or to stay away from? They will be used on a daily basis.

We have two 1/2" 50' at our shop that seem to work well. Motor oil and hydraulic oil . I can make a call and see what brand they are and how much they cost if you would like?

I bought a 3/8 X 50 from Sears and it has worked great for me, I use it every day but not as much as a commercial shop would but it has been going for 3 years now. I can't say the same for the cord reals I bought from Northern, big piles of chit.

Anyone have any luck with Harbor freight units? After buying new lifts and other equipment for my new building I just cant see buying 5 reels that are 250-300 a pc. I Know I know you get what you pay for. I usually always buy brand name if they work for a few years id be happy..

Anyone have any luck with Harbor freight units? After buying new lifts and other equipment for my new building I just cant see buying 5 reels that are 250-300 a pc. I Know I know you get what you pay for. I usually always buy brand name if they work for a few years id be happy..

We have a Harbor Freight reel that's been going strong for almost 8 years now.

Sent from my paperweight

I to have a harbor freight hose reel. I typically HATE hebrew freight stuff with a passion, but, when I bought my house 5-6 years ago I didn't have 2 nickels to rub together so I took a chance on the air hose reel. This thing has been solid in my home garage for a handful of years now.

I installed 4 of those Chinese paperweights for a friend in his home shop. One was broken out of the box. 2 other ones the clock springs broke less than a month into their service. Maybe used 2-3 times at that. They all also leaked so bad at the swivel fitting I had to install a valve on the feed line so you could shut them off when not in use. 4 reels caused a 100 gal. Compressor to cycle every 20 minutes on a system so airtight it would sit idle for months before it cycled when not used. Speedaire's are about as budget as I would ever recommend. Reelcraft reels are the best I have ever used. I have a Reelcraft I took out of a demo job that has a manufacturer's date of 1971. That is what I consider a bargain. I figure the new Reelcrafts I have for my home shop will outlast me.

If you don't want to spend much, buy hand crank reels. The cheap azz retractable reels will cost you your sanity at best.

Check out the Samson hose reels. Have 15 of them is our shop. Build quality is great. A little pricey for hobby use.

Back