Anybody else have a bad experience with CPP

I'm confused as to why we must read "CPP this and that" threads every one or two years. Com'mon, Jamie. Get this schidt figured out man. You either have really crappy customers or something needs fixed. I wish ya the best.

attachment.php

You are right, we do have issues from time to time and we do our best to fix them. That cylinder head should have never been shipped out. We have been trying to get caught up all year with these engine builds and we hired other shops to help us get parts machined to make us more productive. I was out of town that week on vacation and when that head arrived, Howard immediately contacted the customer explaining to him that his head was not going to ship due to bad machine work. He offered to ship him a replacement within 24hrs and the customer became furious and asked what his options were since he needed his truck done. The customer asked how bad it was and Howard said that the head had gouging within the cylinders as you can see in the pics. The customer asked if it would be a problem if he used that head and Howard said that the gouging was not in the sealing surface and the head would seal properly. The customer told Howard to send the head and that is what was he did. (should not have happened) Howard assured him that the head would carry a full 3 year warranty and that I would give him a discount once I returned if he accepted that head knowing that the head had gouges.

And that shows what kind of asshole is in the diesel community twisting facts to plead their case in an effort to look like less of an asshole.

And that shows what kind of asshole is in the diesel community twisting facts to plead their case in an effort to look like less of an asshole.

Yes, it does. My first thought was "if I had an employee that sent anything like that out he door, I'd have his nuts in a vice," then when I read the customer wanted it sent out after telling him it was all gouged up, I feel like the customer needs a big old cup of STFU. Then I thought, what machine shop would let that go out the door? Was the machining sub-contracted out of house? And it came back like that? Or was it transported milled face down in the bed of a 1970 1-ton truck on a pile of rocks?

Yes, it does. My first thought was "if I had an employee that sent anything like that out he door, I'd have his nuts in a vice," then when I read the customer wanted it sent out after telling him it was all gouged up, I feel like the customer needs a big old cup of STFU. Then I thought, what machine shop would let that go out the door? Was the machining sub-contracted out of house? And it came back like that? Or was it transported milled face down in the bed of a 1970 1-ton truck on a pile of rocks?

This so called machine shop was highly recommended to us, so I gave them a chance. Lesson learned. :bang

I hope all vendors learn from the class cummins724 has shown. There was/is a complaint and he is taking care of it. Not *****ing about someone complaining about having issues with him or making excuses.

I died
about pi$$ed my pants

Still not sure what the deal is with my dtt mechanical lift pump.. Ordered in January and haven't seen anything. Tried canceling and all i got was, "it was ordered and its going to be dropped shipped." I finally said screw it.

That head looks as if it had catastrophic failure in those cylinders and got beat up by numerous fragments. Those types of gouges don't happen in transporting, and if it was casting flaw it should have never been used from the start.

I would be most concerned about whether it affects the valve seats...looks like a good place for a valve seat to work loose and fall...creating more catastrophic failure mentioned before.

Still not sure what the deal is with my dtt mechanical lift pump.. Ordered in January and haven't seen anything.

DTT would be your first issue. Now it is probably also CPP's and your issue since they have the money and nobody has the product, and when you do get a product you will still be pissed off.

I have ordered numerous parts from them and have never had a problem. The last thing i bought from them was a set of dvs, i ordered on a Friday and had them at my door Tuesday evening. Sorry for you bad experience.

I have ordered numerous parts from them and have never had a problem. The last thing i bought from them was a set of dvs, i ordered on a Friday and had them at my door Tuesday evening. Sorry for you bad experience.

In on that, always a good experience with CPP.

I'm with these guys. I've ordered plenty of stuff from cpp and never had a problem. Sometimes you might not get a answer the first call but I just give it a few minutes and call back and everything's all good. They're usually pretty fast on gettin stuff to me so that's why I use them a lot. Last year my fass went out so I called them late one Friday evenin and ordered a new one and they said it might would be there Monday but probably Tuesday or Wednesday and I said well try Monday if you can because I need my truck haha. And it was on my porch first thing Monday mornin.

I've also have delt with CPP numerous times, never had an issue... In fact I thought I had an issue, turns out my UPS driver sent the package to my business not my house... (I live around the corner from work/same driver)

Back