s475 with 1.32 AR how would it work?

Blackbumper

Could be worse!
As the title says I have found a s475 with a 1.32AR and a t6 flange has anyone tried one or think you could keep one spooled? This is a track only truck running about 4500 if all goes well. Manual Trans.

Not even close to getting it lit. You might be able to run a 1.1, might! A 1.0 or a .9 would be a better option.

I had a 110 on my 475 on a 12V auto, and could spool it on the line,but it was a total dog on the street, I now have the .90 T4 flange housing, its spools really well, maybe on a set of twins the 130 housing would be o.k.?

I had a 475-1.32 as a lower charger on my twins and could swing the needle to 48-50 psi in the cold pipe.(between the chargers) Never tried it as a single.

I had a 110 on my 475 on a 12V auto, and could spool it on the line,but it was a total dog on the street, I now have the .90 T4 flange housing, its spools really well, maybe on a set of twins the 130 housing would be o.k.?

WHat convertor did you have to get it to light? What turbine wheel?

ATS 5 disk,thats stalls at 2600-2800, its way to high of stall for the .90 housing. it has the extended tip 475 wheel, from Tims Turbos, I think 80mm maybe ?

I had a 475-1.32 as a lower charger on my twins and could swing the needle to 48-50 psi in the cold pipe.(between the chargers) Never tried it as a single.

Did you ever dyno those twins ? I'm building a pair right now with a S465/.90 and my S475/110 as the primary, with a 50 mm external gate in the manifold.

Did you ever dyno those twins ? I'm building a pair right now with a S465/.90 and my S475/110 as the primary, with a 50 mm external gate in the manifold.

Go bigger with the primary...s480 at least;) If it was me, I'd go up to 85-90mm...but that would suck to drive on the street!

Chris :evil

Go bigger with the primary...s480 at least;) If it was me, I'd go up to 85-90mm...but that would suck to drive on the street!

Seems like anything over 85mm comp wheel is too much for that frame turbo Tim didn't have much luck with a couple 88mm compressor wheels. Too big of a fan and not enough shaft

Well, I guess I should have clarified that too. If I went over 85mm I would also not use that series charger anymore. There are bigger Garrett's, Schwitzers, and Holsets that have been proven in the tractor pulling arena!

Thanks for the reminder Brett!
Chris

Well, I guess I should have clarified that too. If I went over 85mm I would also not use that series charger anymore. There are bigger Garrett's, Schwitzers, and Holsets that have been proven in the tractor pulling arena!

Thanks for the reminder Brett!
Chris

Yeah hopfully the bigger cartridges will fit, might need some frame modifactionsLOL

Joe Hellmann's old twins on his drag truck was a 17cm K-31 over a 32cm HX80 and it supposedly spooled pretty good on the street. I think a lot of it is just tuning IMO.

Could be...but that's still gonna be laggy, I don't care who it is and how it's tuned...some could live with it, some couldn't:D:D

Chris

Back on topic as a single 1.32 sounds like it's to large so whats the opinion on the T6 vs T4 with a 1.1 will this have any effect on keeping it lit?

Back