Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > PDRA Area
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #21
Michael

Name: Michael
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I'm not going to bash any organization on here, I just asked a few questions about what PDRA is and what their plans are. It would be nice if someone "in the know" answered.

I will however chime in as someone who has competed in DHRA, NHRDA, and NADM events, and had a few winnings from them (especially at NHRDA, but those are the races I race the most). I have received every promised payout from every NHRDA event. When I had a delay in receiving a contingency payment from one of the sponsors, NHRDA stepped up to help me out. I don't know anything of the allegations of the past against the organizers, but I know that I have been racing their events since 2006 and have never seen anything unprofessional. I have been racing NHRA since 1983, so I've seen my share of events.

In the interest of full disclosure, my employer (ISSPRO) usually sets up a vendor booth at the events we attend, including at NHRDA events.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
95 F350 CC DRW, Intake, exhaust, chip, injectors, locker, gauges
00 Jetta TDI - tunes, clutch & gauges
And a bunch of gassers

Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #22
2001PSD

Name: 2001PSD
Title: Chevy guy gone retarded
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsel View Post
I’ve had such a great time viewing this thread that I have to sign up. After seeing people’s integrity being questioned I needed to post some FACTUAL information regarding the opposition.
I wouldnt say I had a "great time" viewing this thread. It did prompt me to sign up as well though. After reading this thread, and others like it on other boards this will be my first and most likely last post here. For some reason those associated with and supporting the PDRA would rather reply with insults, smart comments, and slander against those asking pertinent questions and other race organizations. I personally have never raced. I have however been planning to get into it on some level. Having recently returned from the Middle East I now have more time to participate in my local diesel community. After the hostile comments coming from those related, in one way or another, to the PDRA I think I will NOT have anything to do with said "organization/club/association/whatever". Maybe if someone with something resembling tact, civility, or actually in a position of "authority" within the PDRA will respond (to be fair Rottin Rhonda has replied fairly and with a GREAT deal of civility, answering questions to the best of her ability) my position will change...

Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #23
PDRA

Name: PDRA
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Fellow Racers,

In light of our recent merger, we have been dedicating our time setting up our administration requirements, our transformation, rules, and scheduling, along with a few other different and exciting options.

We know a couple of you are closely keeping an eye on our status. We ask you to please wait for our Official Introductory Announcement which will be available sometime in the upcoming week.

We also do not encourage any level of Associative bashing, it seems that we have a few people utilizing these posts for their tools for making additional degrading comments towards this and other associations.

Thank You for being patient, and stay tuned for future announcements.

It's going to be an exciting kick off year!

The PDRA Founders.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #24
2001PSD

Name: 2001PSD
Title: Chevy guy gone retarded
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDRA View Post

The PDRA Founders.
Ask and you shall receive. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing how things shape up.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #25
SmokinRamMike

Name: SmokinRamMike
Title: GO NHRDA!
Member`s Gallery
I believe the NHRDA got brought into this when FORDSEl hopped on his soap box in post #22. The other post regarding the NHRDA were purely in defense of the propaganda being spewed in this thread.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 AM   #26
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Forgotton View Post
Any luck on the business license?

I learned something over the weekend. If your doing business over the internet, and never make a physical presence in another state, then you can get away with only registering as a business in your "home" state.

However, if you physically step foot in a state other than your "home" state, you must be registered with that state specifically in order to conduct business. Conducting business effectively means, money or sevices exchanges hands. Regardless if its for profit or not.

To test this theory, I looked up the NHRA on the WA business search. The NHRA is based out of Cali, but sure enough, they are also registered in WA, they just point their business license address to their California address for mailing purposes.

So, if the PDRA, or an agent of the PDRA (which currently appears to be basing itself out of New Jersey from what I can tell) tries to collect money, in person, in WA state, without a WA state business license, they are effectively commiting a felony in the state of WA.
and have a very nice day.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #27
Fishin2Deep4U

Name: Fishin2Deep4U
Member`s Gallery
Is the NHDRA listed in Oregon? I can't seem to find mention of them anywhere in the state archives. I know they were running a race in Portland recently, just curious.

I had no idea this was the case. The old company I worked for a few years ago wasn't licensed in every state either. In fact, my territory extended to 5 states and I think we were only licensed in those we held inventory in. So that would be 2 of 'em. I would hate to pay the penalties on $24,000,000 in sales in 3 states!!

Dave

Vulcan Diesel Performance

Call me direct at 503.970.6712

Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #28
Fishin2Deep4U

Name: Fishin2Deep4U
Member`s Gallery
I dunno about the attacks, but I am willing to give these guys a chance.

I think the NHDRA thing is because in WA, there's a DBA associated I believe. And that appears to be Randy's if I am not mistaken. So, it would be an extension of his business and not a standalone business. As far as Oregon. it would be interesting to find that info out. I am sure the NHDRA would be willing to post all their business licenses on line so that would save some searching.

But none of that matters to me. I think more racing and sled pulling is better than less. Hopefully all this gets worked out and I am sure it will. But I get a better feeling with the folks that have thrown their hats in this arena as opposed to some others. Not making any accusations, just the feeling I get.

Dave

Vulcan Diesel Performance

Call me direct at 503.970.6712

Old 03-25-2009, 04:23 AM   #29
larry

Name: larry
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You read too much into this if you think I in any way need drugs. Although, your the second pdra supporter to suggest drugs, so Im starting to wonder if maybe there is an addiction problem amongst its members?

Not sure what Randy or the NHRDA has to do with any of this. My only affiliation with that group is a sticker on my back window, and a chance to race with other diesels. I didnt realize that sticker means I cant speak out in public with my views on things.

As for giving ppl time, you have to understand that this "pdra" group has been around since 2006 per their own admission. Since that time, I've seen very little progress from the group, and only recently have I seen this sudden push for acceptance.

If they had just said that "Hey, a bunch of us are going to the track, and the track promised us a lane to ourselves" then this conversation would be pointless.

But they came on here claiming that they are a "professional" group, with prizes, and recognition, and negotiating events at tracks during other large events (mopar nats at pacific for example). Thats a lot of responsibility and there are legal aspects of it that have to be taken care of in order to be legit.

If the heads of the PDRA accept money or prizes from business' to hand out to the winners, and they are not registered in the state of WA for doing "business" then they are comitting a crime in the state of WA.

While some of you think im being a total d**k about this, Im also covering their asses, because if something goes wrong, its the "pdra" that will catch hell, and if the pdra is not registered, then its the advertised "leaders" that will get the lawsuits or criminal charges (depending exactly on what could go wrong). Even an LLC company would move the legal burden onto what ever the LLC has as assets, instead of what the individual persons have as assets. An LLC could keep them from losing a home or business. (Granted, this is all worse case scenario)

The part that really sucks, is that, while these "leaders" have the time to browse these websites, and read these posts, not to mention Im sure they are getting phone calls about it too, that they cant take the 5 minutes to respond that they are actively working to address the issues I've asked about. However, lots of other ppl appear to "know" the inner workings of the pdra and like to post in their place. Its a many headed beast I tell ya!
after reading this thread I decided to call a couple tracks to see if your organization (nhrda) had permits for the events that they have recently put on and they all came through with the same answer.......no.

but that is not for me to worry about, however I would like to add my input, I think that the nhrda going out and hiring a clown to represent them was a great idea, but I think that you would be better utilized at the track making balloon animals for the kids instead of trying to bash superior race organizations on the internet.

just my two cents

Old 03-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #30
Camotanker

Name: Camotanker
Title: All American Retard
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Define "permit". Anyone can rent/lease/borrow the track without a permit. Just gotta make a deal with the track. The business license aspect of it comes into play when you start dealing with money. Either collecting it from the racers or sponsors, or collecting a portion of the gate fees, or whatever deal you have with the track.

You have two factual errors in your last paragraph. 1. Im not being paid by anyone, much less the NHRDA. and 2. Im only questioning one race organization on the internet, and I would hardly describe it as "superior".

As much fun as this has been, I have to bow out for a little while. I got a call today from an individual that I respect in the diesel community, and in a nutshell that person asked me to take a breather on the PDRA thing for a little while. I was kinda suprised to get the call, and I need to track down who's been leaking my cell phone number out, as this is not someone I have ever talked with on the phone or given my number too. I kinda get the warm and fuzzies knowing I mean enough to get a call from someone that high up in the diesel ranks. (and no, it wasnt gale banks hahaha).
But does he have a red truck?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #31
larry

Name: larry
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Define "permit". Anyone can rent/lease/borrow the track without a permit. Just gotta make a deal with the track. The business license aspect of it comes into play when you start dealing with money. Either collecting it from the racers or sponsors, or collecting a portion of the gate fees, or whatever deal you have with the track.

You have two factual errors in your last paragraph. 1. Im not being paid by anyone, much less the NHRDA. and 2. Im only questioning one race organization on the internet, and I would hardly describe it as "superior".

As much fun as this has been, I have to bow out for a little while. I got a call today from an individual that I respect in the diesel community, and in a nutshell that person asked me to take a breather on the PDRA thing for a little while. I was kinda suprised to get the call, and I need to track down who's been leaking my cell phone number out, as this is not someone I have ever talked with on the phone or given my number too. I kinda get the warm and fuzzies knowing I mean enough to get a call from someone that high up in the diesel ranks. (and no, it wasnt gale banks hahaha).
your calling off the hunt now that you caught your own snake...

Closed Thread