Air to Water intercooler HELP!

TheBigDeOGE

If you aint 1st..ure LAST
i got this cooler from jerrod glover. its pretty big. wat size is everybody they runnin? just want to make sure its not too big. i'm gonna have to cut bumper to make it fit. thanks

29457_1490950596407_1313257920_1306600_4325195_n.jpg

Doesn't look too big to me - we use 4" I/O air-water ICs with cores the size of Group 31 batteries.

thanks yall. i took it to robbie crutch field (brutal force super stock pullin tractor) he has machine shop and he said it should be fine. jus wanted yalls opinion. hes weldin 3" pipe on the ends and capin those 4" off.

how well does yalls coolers seem to help? big power jump? lower egt's? jw. thanks

Without knowing the size and surface area of the cores it is hard to say how well it will work. I doubt it will hurt you. The picture makes it look a little small. If the inlet and outlet are 4" I would guess it would be rated to flow enough for to cool 750HP.

To give you an idea to put mine in a box to ship it I need a box 18"x 18"x20". Chiseled rated it at 3000hp, but he said to go over on the HP rating because of the high boost pressures run in a diesel create more heat than in a gasser that the cores are rated for. Surface area is what is needed to combat the high heat.

why cut the bumper? Why not just mount it on the passenger side inner fender then route the plumbing up over the top of the head? That's my plans for winter anyways. ;)

my intake is in the way i cant. has to be out front. and HOT DANG thats a big 1. my truck is about the 750 range so you think i should just get a bigger 1 or this should work good for now? its 10" by 18" by 10 i think

I cut out the front crossmember and made a new one more forward. The mounted the intercooler to it with a strap. Piping goes straight down behind the rad and straight back up.

I cut out the front crossmember and made a new one more forward. The mounted the intercooler to it with a strap. Piping goes straight down behind the rad and straight back up.

well here is wat i got the truck lookin like now. basically i'm gonna put it on and make the bumper fit wether i have to cut or not. i'm tryin to find a sports bumper cuz that be easier to cut.

34283_1526583527208_1313257920_1394927_714670_n.jpg

Back