Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
Washington PA, 3rd and a jar of lube!

I and everyone that I normaly pull street with got bumped to open diesel. We were told payouts were higher and had to pay more entry fee. This is on top of paying to get in the fair like everyone else. When it comes to payouts they are cut by almost 3/4. Paid $70 for third. Cost me $34 to get to hook. After pushing the point they gave us back $5 and said they made a mistake. Mistake my foot.

Hearn took first with another Dodge in second, I got third.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161
I and everyone that I normaly pull street with got bumped to open diesel. We were told payouts were higher and had to pay more entry fee. This is on top of paying to get in the fair like everyone else. When it comes to payouts they are cut by almost 3/4. Paid $70 for third. Cost me $34 to get to hook. After pushing the point they gave us back $5 and said they made a mistake. Mistake my foot.

Hearn took first with another Dodge in second, I got third.
I've heard alot of guys saying that they won't pull at Washington because of things like that. Although we all just do it for fun....we still like to pay for fuel to get home.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
mech2161

Member`s Gallery
It was a mess. Bumped us from street to open (twins). This included at least four trucks. Charged us $5 more on top of the $20 for street and the $9 gate fee. we asked three times what the payout was before we agreed to even hook. After seeing there weren't that many trucks in the class we decided to stay. I guess the didn't see enough trucks either and cut the purse. The guy said I was being a smartazz. Looks like New Centerville isn't the only place I'll not return to.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
CC12V

Name: CC12V
Title: CompD CNC
Member`s Gallery
Pennsylvanians......

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Putting em on the trailer since 2002

361-960-2217

Old 08-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
It was a mess. Bumped us from street to open (twins). This included at least four trucks. Charged us $5 more on top of the $20 for street and the $9 gate fee. we asked three times what the payout was before we agreed to even hook. After seeing there weren't that many trucks in the class we decided to stay. I guess the didn't see enough trucks either and cut the purse. The guy said I was being a smartazz. Looks like New Centerville isn't the only place I'll not return to.
That sucks. I've heard nothing bad about Westmoreland pulls coming up on the 23rd....should be fun. I was gonna pull at both, but my brothers truck broke down & my truck is the only one left to operate our business. I am just waiting until Smithton hole on Sept. 8.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
No, fairboards..... they drive me nuts.

I never pulled there, but it is the same at all the fairs. Local rules, and local prices, subject to change upon outcome of pull.
Amsoil sold here
fairtax.org
"I love it when a poser intellection drivels himself into oblivion.."Inimmo77"post Bish and quit staring at the fing screen"jponder

Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
mech2161

Member`s Gallery
Yeh Gene your right. These fair boards need are a bunch of goofs. We need to pick one or two a year and not pull. Maybe they could get their head out of there arse then.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #8
Farmer Davis

Name: Farmer Davis
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I thought the pull at the Washington Fair was going to be better than it was. IMO, I think they had the sled set way to heavy for the open class trucks, and some of the street trucks should have been in the open class. As far as the Westmoreland County Fair truck pull, I know some of the guys there and they are pretty easy to get along with. But any turbo upgrade over stock might move you up to the open class.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD Regular Cab
6 spd, Mac air intake, ats intake, rokktech sensor, straight pipe, isspro dashmount guages(FP, BST, EGT)

1996 Dodge Ram 2500 12v CTD Extended Cab
5spd, BHAF, 3gsk, 370 injectors,
South Bend 3850 DD, Autometer guages(EGT, BST)

Old 08-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
TurboBeagler

Name: TurboBeagler
Title: Diesel A-holic
Member`s Gallery
Usually Westmoreland it's bone stock or the kitchen sink!

Just a broken down former truck puller

Thanks for all the support, Mumau Diesel and B&T Trucking

Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
mech2161

Member`s Gallery
Adam I thought you would be there. Fingers was there. After his pull he disappeared.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #11
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Member`s Gallery
As far as fairs go...... Excuse the threadjack. I am a tech at the Indiana County Fairs Sept 1st 4x4 truck pull. There are two Diesel classes. Street & Open. If you drive the truck in and it's got valid plates and inspection its a street truck (no hanging wieghts). If you trailer or tow it in it's in the open class. Open is a "run what you brung" type class. Street is a modified street. Stock trucks will get pounded, but who runs a stock truck?
There are rules but we try to keep it simple. I can get you all more info. rule wise if you men are interested. I hate to single him out, but I think Adam is planning on coming.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #12
Big Angry

Name: Big Angry
Title: GRRRRRRR! GRRRRRR!
Member`s Gallery
I'll be there....but not pulling.
Buddy pulls a big block gasser.
Hope to see some of you cats there.

More Fuel, More Air, More power, more better!...more expensive

Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
mech2161

Member`s Gallery
Snedge I'm glad your here. If more people on the fairboard had any idea what it costs most of us to have the trucks we do they might get out of the 60's. The payouts are bad enough without being cut. We're not still pulling horses. Our trucks cost more than most of them paid for there house. I drove my truck to the pull and that was my argument(before they cut the purse) for street.

Farmer Davis that sled starts heavy no matter what they do. At every event I've been to with it they never drag the starting area. From 100' out the track wasn't too bad. The starting area was like concrete. I was happy with my hook and knew what to expect for track conditions and sled.

I have no idea what it's going to take for these fairboards to understand that without trucks they have no show. I'm not looking to get $1k payout. Don't cut it after the fact.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
TurboBeagler

Name: TurboBeagler
Title: Diesel A-holic
Member`s Gallery
I just stayed local Friday night Kevin and pulled at Listie.

I plan on being at Westmoreland Thursday night, right now I'm up in the air about pulling. I will be pulling at Indiana Fair.

Just a broken down former truck puller

Thanks for all the support, Mumau Diesel and B&T Trucking

Old 08-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #15
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBeagler
I just stayed local Friday night Kevin and pulled at Listie.

I plan on being at Westmoreland Thursday night, right now I'm up in the air about pulling. I will be pulling at Indiana Fair.
Good man.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:08 AM   #16
fingers

Name: fingers
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Adam I thought you would be there. Fingers was there. After his pull he disappeared.
Watched from the stands with my dad and friends.

Closed Thread