Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
dirtrunner0519

Name: dirtrunner0519
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Leaking Injectors

There seems to be alot of diesel around the injectors while trying to start the truck. It is an extremely hard start it seems. I cannot seem to figure out the leak or where to begin to trouble shoot. Everything is torqued per procedure.

Images are at night since daylight savings. Will try this weekend to get better photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5143.JPG (33.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5142.JPG (29.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5141.JPG (31.4 KB, 0 views)

Old 01-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I cannot see much of anything with the pictures. I would start with the line nut, the return and then the injector nut.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
dirtrunner0519

Name: dirtrunner0519
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Yeah going to try and re install them. Basically everything is wet around the injector areas.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #4
RAMblin Fever

Name: RAMblin Fever
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Return lines have given me issues in the past.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
Tate

Name: Tate
Title: What?
Member`s Gallery
Usually the taper on either the line or the injector will have some crud in them not allowing them to seal. Take the lines off and give everything a real good clean. They can become damaged and not seal no matter how clean it is though. I've also seen where the return line won't seal properly. In that instance, the injectors were rotating slightly due to the slop in the anti-rotation slot in the head. So the face would be at a slight angle to the return line, and with the banjo bolts being so small and torque so low, it wouldn't bend the return line enough for the faces to seal. Had to put a wrench on the flats on the top of the injector and hold it counter-clockwise while I tightened down the hold down nut.

My p-pump conversion pics

Old 01-15-2017, 12:47 AM   #6
kawi600

Name: kawi600
Title: got Coal for Christmas
Member`s Gallery
sounds like the sealing washers under the nozzles. could be the feed leaking also, but youd need to leak a lot of fuel to make it start hard.

If you have upgraded the injectors, and have used bodies on new nozzles, the seal at the intermediate disc can weep fuel.
If thats the case, all you can do is have the bodies turned flat or try some anaerobic sealant on the threads of the nozzle retainer. Weston recommended some CAT sealant for this, I have not tried it. If anyone has a cheap source for that sealant please let me know!
Psalm 37:10,11
Isaiah 65:20

Closed Thread