Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Site Announcements
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
haloman

Name: haloman
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
How to use the Search Feature on CompD

CompetitionDiesel.com (Known as CompD) features a handy feature that allows you too find the answer to most any question you may have. Its called the "search" feature.

Looked near the top of your screen. This versatile tool can give you plenty of answer to adding an air intake, opinions on injectors/camshafts/turbo. There is a great chance the answer to your question has already been answered by some of the greatest minds in diesel motorsports. Thats why the motto is Bringing the Best Together"

Find the search link, click on the down arrow and type in your search term. Whether it is "Air Intake" or "Oil leak". Hit enter and the results will pop up.

Click the image to open in full size.

Say you got to many non-relevant results. Navigate to "Advanced Search" by clicking on the down arrow near the "Search" and click "Advanced Search

That will bring up the below screen where you can search specific forums. Like the Ford Forum for the best tuner for your 6.0 PSD. You can search the thread content or the Thread title.

In a specific example below. I am looking on how to p-pump my 2001 Dodge CTD. I type 01 p-pump into the "Keywords" field and I am going to search specifically in the P-Pump 24v Sub-Forum and click search.

The results that it brings up upon closer inspection shows me at least 5 threads of guys who are p-pumping their 01' 24v.

Enjoy the site and Happy Dieseling

Closed Thread