Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > FASS Fuel Systems
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FASS Fuel Systems High Performance Fuel Delivery System

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Diesel-Dan

Name: Diesel-Dan
Title: Just another Texas Boy...
Member`s Gallery
The Offical FASS/HPFP/DDRP Question's Thread

I’m starting this thread due to the amt of PM's i have been getting as of late, a lot coving the exact same questions. I have left my PM's on here on this site but feel its starting to get overwhelming to keep up. I would rather have questions posted up in a public format and give a thread for folks to search to look for answers. If a PM is needed, ill instigate and we can take it from there.

More or less this is a general FASS products thread to help give anyone that might have any questions, answers. If you want to keep in touch of updates, look above to “Thread Options” and click on “Subscribe”. This has worked well on other sites and figure i might as well implement here.

Please stay on topic and no brand bashing. I will promptly have all questionable threads removed as this will not be the place.

Thank yall for your understanding........

2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 - EFI Live (MCS Tuned) and 100 HP injectors Built Suncoast Tranny

2002 VW Jetta TDI, Frank Irving Stage II cam, Bozio PP764 nozzles, VNT17 and Malone Stage 4 Tuning

Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
getblown5.9

Name: getblown5.9
Title: Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Member`s Gallery
I'll start with the PM I sent you earlier so everyone can find out.

What are the fitting sizes/threads etc on a FASS for those who want to make their own big line kits.

Inlet from tank-
Outlet to injection pump-
Outlet for return to tank-

Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Pat T.

Name: Pat T.
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Does the FASS have an internal pressure switch that will shut it off? Reason I ask is a couple times mine has stopped running, but once I start the truck it starts running again, and it may have done it more than that but I just noticed it doing this. This also only started (that I know of) since I went from a 10 micron to a 3 micron filter.

Proud Father of two US Army Soldiers
'06 Mega Cab
Edge w/Attitude, MBRP exhaust

Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by getblown5.9 View Post
I'll start with the PM I sent you earlier so everyone can find out.

What are the fitting sizes/threads etc on a FASS for those who want to make their own big line kits.

Inlet from tank-
Outlet to injection pump-
Outlet for return to tank-
Assuming we are working with a 150 series:
  • Inlet from tank on FASS - 1/2" Female NPT
  • Outlet to injection pump on FASS - 1/2" Female NPT
  • Outlet for return to tank on FASS - -8 AN (1/2" Female Flare needed)

Appreciate the consideration….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat T. View Post
Does the FASS have an internal pressure switch that will shut it off? Reason I ask is a couple times mine has stopped running, but once I start the truck it starts running again, and it may have done it more than that but I just noticed it doing this. This also only started (that I know of) since I went from a 10 micron to a 3 micron filter.
First off get a gauge so you can monitor when this happens more accurately. BUT, No. The FASS doesnt have any pressure switch where it will cut off once a certian pressure is met.

Something else is going on here....you might want to check the relay, and any electrical connections....(BATT, stock harness, etc.)

2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 - EFI Live (MCS Tuned) and 100 HP injectors Built Suncoast Tranny

2002 VW Jetta TDI, Frank Irving Stage II cam, Bozio PP764 nozzles, VNT17 and Malone Stage 4 Tuning

Old 02-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
Pat T.

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan View Post
First off get a gauge so you can monitor when this happens more accurately. BUT, No. The FASS doesnt have any pressure switch where it will cut off once a certian pressure is met.

Something else is going on here....you might want to check the relay, and any electrical connections....(BATT, stock harness, etc.)
Ok I will do that and let you know.... Thank You

'06 Mega Cab

Old 02-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
05qcctd4x4

Name: 05qcctd4x4
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Pat, don't know how your FASS is wired on your Ford but on my Dodge it runs through the factory wiring for the in-tank pump. It will shut off on its own in mine before I start the truck up sometimes. Don't know why it does it as there is no pressure switch that would tell the ECM pressure is up and to shut off the pump. This happens more often after truck is warmed up than when it is cold on mine. It may just be the way the ECM or PCM request fuel.

'16 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited longbed 4x4
True Blue Pearl

Traded in:'05 QC 3/4t 4x4 Deep Molten Red, ISSPRO, Smarty, DTT Billet Trans, FASS, 60lb spring

Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
red dodge2

Name: red dodge2
Member`s Gallery
Dan. i am in the process of p-pumping my 24 valve. i run a FASS 95gph, will that be enough for my pump? i plan on flowing at least 500cc of fuel. if not whats the cheapest way i can upgrade to what i need? thanks.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red dodge2 View Post
Dan. i am in the process of p-pumping my 24 valve. i run a FASS 95gph, will that be enough for my pump? i plan on flowing at least 500cc of fuel. if not whats the cheapest way i can upgrade to what i need? thanks.
Well...honestly....500cc is a moderate amt of fuel...so the 95 might be able to keep up. The best thing i can tell you is try it...see how the pressure does...then if it dont hold....then we can talk 120 GPH upgrade (90ish GPH @ 45psi). The 95 GPH pump can push 45 PSI and live......so....i can get you springs if you get a me a Serial Number when you are ready to mess with it.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #9
g man

Name: g man
Title: Puller
Member`s Gallery
Dan, are the filter cross reference tables for the 150 the same for the 200gph pumps? Thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by g man View Post
Dan, are the filter cross reference tables for the 150 the same for the 200gph pumps? Thanks!
It all depends.....you talking 95 series or 150 Series?

95/200: NO (This is a 95 Series pump)

150/200: Yes (This is a 150 Series pump)

Old 02-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
Pat T.

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05qcctd4x4 View Post
Pat, don't know how your FASS is wired on your Ford but on my Dodge it runs through the factory wiring for the in-tank pump. It will shut off on its own in mine before I start the truck up sometimes. Don't know why it does it as there is no pressure switch that would tell the ECM pressure is up and to shut off the pump. This happens more often after truck is warmed up than when it is cold on mine. It may just be the way the ECM or PCM request fuel.
Yea I think I found the problem, just a loose power connection. Now I need to get a fuse block so I can have 3 hot and 4 keyed posts... then I can wire the FASS and other stuff in permanently. Just need to bribe my wiring guy with more Mtn. Dew

Mine doesn't have an in tank pump, it's not a normal fuel system, so it was wired and plumbed special... Hey Dan do we need to change the 3 micron more often than I did the 10 micron? And if so how often?

'06 Mega Cab

Old 02-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Torque Monkey

Name: Torque Monkey
Title: The show stopper!!!!!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yea I think I found the problem, just a loose power connection. Now I need to get a fuse block so I can have 3 hot and 4 keyed posts... then I can wire the FASS and other stuff in permanently. Just need to bribe my wiring guy with more Mtn. Dew

Mine doesn't have an in tank pump, it's not a normal fuel system, so it was wired and plumbed special... Hey Dan do we need to change the 3 micron more often than I did the 10 micron? And if so how often?
JB does wiring....

I am in fabrication.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #13
Jaydog

Name: Jaydog
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
pump only to fuel system upgrade?

The dealership mis-understood my instruction, instead of installing the whole system they installed the 95gph pump only. I asked if they would see if an upgrade is possible for a reasonable price and they told me that it would cost 440 dollars and well thats not too reasonable. Is an upgrade available and if so for how much?

Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #14
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydog View Post
The dealership mis-understood my instruction, instead of installing the whole system they installed the 95gph pump only. I asked if they would see if an upgrade is possible for a reasonable price and they told me that it would cost 440 dollars and well thats not too reasonable. Is an upgrade available and if so for how much?

Man...sorry to hear of your situation...but unfortunately we don’t offer a upgrade kit for the HPFP to the FASS at this time. I’m probably guessing that your dealer got a quote from me on the conversions…we can do it…but the parts are just more expensive by them selves then in the kit form. Kinda like a Big-Mac Meal…..getting everything separate instead of getting the meal. I can modify price that is set by the computer here. Dang it….now im hungry……

If you unit is not that old, you might consider getting a FASS, only use what you need out of the kit to install and then sell the HPFP with the new parts in the FASS install kit to make it a whole system.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
g man

Name: g man
Title: Puller
Member`s Gallery
Dan, I am running the 150 series. Thank you!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #16
dieseltracks

Name: dieseltracks
Title: lost
Member`s Gallery
What are the specs on the DDRP?? GPH & PSI??

Old 02-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
lowfly

Name: lowfly
Title: FASS Technician
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltracks View Post
What are the specs on the DDRP?? GPH & PSI??

GPH is about 40
PSI should be around 13-16 PSI

BTW..My name is Jim and i am also a Warranty technician here at FASS. i may pop on here from time to time to check on you guys and see whats going on.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #18
dieseltracks

Name: dieseltracks
Title: lost
Member`s Gallery
Thank you Jim.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #19
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by g man View Post
Dan, I am running the 150 series. Thank you!
Then yes...use the chart on our website.....

Old 02-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #20
tater_thrower76

Name: tater_thrower76
Member`s Gallery
dan, looking for a fass pump that can hold up to 1300 cc p-pump...wondering which one i've heard of a 280 gph pump but dono if that will even work....if so pm me prices.... appreciate it thanks

Closed Thread