At Wits End

AKDieseL

I have a 1999 truck that i got with a bad 2000 engine in the back. I rebuilt the engine and trans and installed them into the truck. The ECM, wiring harness, and engine are all from the 2000, and match with each other.

The problem I am having is the engine will not fire. After bleeding the injectors out, it fired a few times till the starter was disengaged, then it would die. Since then, it wont even try to fire on fuel. It will fire on ether, but that is it. Just barely puffs out the exhaust.

So far, I have eliminated the cam sensor, ECM, injection pump, injectors, confirmed gear and valve timing, confirmed valve lash and put brand new fuel in it. Lift pump is a new Raptor block mount style, tried cranking with lift unplugged in case it was over pressuring. Getting fuel to cross tubes.

Did a compression test on #1 cylinder 3 times with different results each time: 50psi, 100psi, 75 psi. Comp. tested #2 cylinder once, got 75psi. Switched to a leak down test on #2 and could hear the air going into the crank case, but I'm fairly positive the rings haven't seated yet, so not sure if that is accurate.

If anyone has any ideas I am absolutely all ears. Willing to try just about anything at this point.

Try to jump pin#7 at the pump connection to 12+ power. See if it starts.

Attachments

• vp-conview.gif
    vp-conview.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
Try to jump pin#7 at the pump connection to 12+ power. See if it starts.

With the key on i am getting battery voltage there, and pin #6 has continuity to ground. If the injection pump wasnt getting power would it still push fuel to the cross tubes?

With the key on i am getting battery voltage there, and pin #6 has continuity to ground. If the injection pump wasnt getting power would it still push fuel to the cross tubes?

Im not sure about getting fuel to the cross tubes, but I have had a couple no start issues where I jumped that wire and it started right up. I disconnected the wire and it fired up every time after that no problem. Doesn't make sense, I would assume it had a bad connection somewhere... but it started and ran after that.

I would at least try it.

Im not sure about getting fuel to the cross tubes, but I have had a couple no start issues where I jumped that wire and it started right up. I disconnected the wire and it fired up every time after that no problem. Doesn't make sense, I would assume it had a bad connection somewhere... but it started and ran after that.

I would at least try it.

Can't hurt. I'll give it a shot next weekend. Going to redo the compression test with oil in the cylinders again too.

Did a compression test on #1 cylinder 3 times with different results each time: 50psi, 100psi, 75 psi. Comp. tested #2 cylinder once, got 75psi. Switched to a leak down test on #2 and could hear the air going into the crank case, but I'm fairly positive the rings haven't seated yet, so not sure if that is accurate.

Compression tests null due to rockers being removed. Yeah I'm a dum-bass. That's what you get from working on something for 30 hours in one weekend.

Back