Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Kdubya

Name: Kdubya
Title: 4Given
Member`s Gallery
Explaination of the movie "Left Behind" and the Rapture

This link takes you to a page explaining the movie and what the Bible says about the movie writer's interpretation.

http://www.christdeaf.org/bible/rapture/

Old 09-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Lots of missimformation there, best to dicern scripture with scripture. The reason for the rapture is to escape the belivers from the Great tribulation, which according to revelation,6,7,8,9 Matt 24 is because of the worlds unbelief, and sin!

16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Matthew 24 King James Version (KJV)

24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
Many different schools of thought. Look up Post-rapture and Pre-rapture. Both have flaws and both have merits.

IT also helps to know if you are a Calvinist (Wade) or Armenian.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Kdubya

Member`s Gallery
This was just one man's interpretation of the contrasting differences of the movie and the books that have been written and what the bible actually says. I haven't been reading the bible long enough to be able to make my own assessment.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
It is hard to interpret for a good reason. We should not be worrying about the end times. If you knew you were dying tomorrow, would you change your today?

Old 09-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
The end of times is coming like a thief in the night.
Could be tomorrow, could not be.. should make us all better people.
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 09-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #7
Kdubya

Member`s Gallery
Jon and Brandon,
You guys are both very correct. It being hard to correctly interpret is what also makes it very hard to find a good church to go to. I truly believe that we are living in end times but only the Father knows when Christ will return. All be can do is be ready and live everyday to the fullest.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
txsilverado

Name: txsilverado
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I agree. No one knows anything other than every day brings us one day closer. More prophecies are being fulfilled, the closer we get. However, we must also remember, even the desciples believed Christ was coming back during their time on earth.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldestof11 View Post
We should not be worrying about the end times.
^^^ This.

It's coming. We don't know when. What does it matter how it will happen? Nothing we can do about it. Just keep sowing the seed. All this bickering over how just causes more division and a poor witness.

My . Carry on.

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
DIESEL_POWER

Member`s Gallery
Prophecy is the greatest of the gifts, and is to encourage the church and its members. There is given to use Many signs from Jesus about the rapture and second return...Blood moons, solar eclipses, jewish feasts.....among many others.

God gave us these signs to be READY! Dont be complacent also dont discourage sound doctrine, opposing these things is also a sign of the end of days...

Old 09-30-2014, 02:21 AM   #11
rosepetel

Name: rosepetel
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Online Watch Left Behind Movie HD >>> http://tinyurl.com/mruhe75

Old 09-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
Kdubya

Member`s Gallery
^^^I would not click that link.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #13
Texashighways

Name: Texashighways
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
We have been studying some of this recently in Bible study. Pretty interesting stuff. There are interesting arguments for pre, mid and post trib. But that should not be something to argue over. The most interesting thing I have gotten from all of our studies is that "you will know them by their fruits", and "many will say to me I have done many things in your name" Makes me take a long hard look at my life and those around me.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #14
estrada5.9

Name: estrada5.9
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashighways View Post
Makes me take a long hard look at my life.
Totally agree. The more I learn the more I realize there is so much more to be learned from The Bible.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
Texashighways

Name: Texashighways
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Yes sir.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #16
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Member`s Gallery
Bible says God is patient regarding the rapture. Longer he waits the more time we have to spread the good word. I agree with you guys in saying it is near. We are seeing end time proficies unfold before our eyes. Glad to know I am on the god team........

Old 09-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
How do you guys find a good church. I know this is somewhat off topic. I believe 200 percent in The Lord. I have moved from home and since lost the church I attended. There are just so many church's around Columbus it's hard to make a decision like that. Doesn't help my future wife is catholic and I am not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #18
estrada5.9

Name: estrada5.9
Member`s Gallery
For me I like non-denominational I like the modern approach and worship songs as well as the lack of traditional type things. (I grew up going to a Methodist church falling asleep in the pews, old school not my style.)

The most important thing I have found is to pay attention to how often scriptures are referenced and if there in the proper context. I am also not one for "feel good" churches. I don't go to church to feel good about myself. I go to grow in my faith and worship The Lord.

I have only been to three churches in 8 years that were for me. A handful that we could have attended but never grown in faith, two strange ones where they were casting out demons and pretending to speak in tongues. One of the strange ones we got up mid service and left. The first strange one we were to embarrassed to leave.

When I found a church where we live now I used Google and prayed.

If you seek you will find.

Last edited by estrada5.9; 09-30-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #19
DIESEL_POWER

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
How do you guys find a good church. I know this is somewhat off topic. I believe 200 percent in The Lord. I have moved from home and since lost the church I attended. There are just so many church's around Columbus it's hard to make a decision like that. Doesn't help my future wife is catholic and I am not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You find if you search it out that the independent Baptist church is straight from the time of christ and john the baptist.

Look for Preaching from the word, not afraid to step on toes and preach on hell , sin , and right and wrong.

even some baptist churches along with many others are falling away now, but were told this will happen in the end of days..

Old 10-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #20
DIESEL_POWER

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL_POWER View Post
You find if you search it out that the independent Baptist church is straight from the time of christ and john the baptist.

Look for Preaching from the word, not afraid to step on toes and preach on hell , sin , and right and wrong.

even some baptist churches along with many others are falling away now, but were told this will happen in the end of days..
I'd like to expound on this... A Bible based church will not have a rock band in there for music, or a rapper singing pastor..., none of this glorifies God. Also be very careful of modern churches who preach there opinion, not Bible scripture!

The only way to heaven = Salvation( Geting Saved, Born again) is only through the blood of Christ, Faith, Repentance, Forgivness, has to be a integral part of the Church.

Baptism is by immersion in water, and comes AFTER you get Saved! It is the first step of obedience, as it identifies you publicly as a True Christian!

Closed Thread