Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NHRDA
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

NHRDA Get info on NHRDA events and results here

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #41
wrongway

Name: wrongway
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Build your truck and run it where it fits in!

Old 09-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #42
TMONEYDIESEL

Name: TMONEYDIESEL
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
I'm going right now to the race track to race my stock, 13 second, daily driven diesel against gassers. Back to just having fun which is what brought me here. Racing in my mind, is doing the best you can with what you have. Enjoying the event, meeting new friends and hanging with old ones. I don't win as much as I'd like, it's racing.
Rob what did your truck run at when you first started to race in SS?

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #43
IdahoRob

Name: IdahoRob
Member`s Gallery
I won a lot of SS years ago with low 12s. With my street trucks Maxd out debuted in the high 10s.

"Max'd Out" SoCal Engine, Randy's Trans, DDP 9.36@154 MPH SS legal trim.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #44
TMONEYDIESEL

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
I won a lot of SS years ago with low 12s. Maxd out debuted in the high 10s.
Did you know that since you started going faster we are losing racers because you are pushing your truck to the edge of the class limits. Why would you do that Rob? How dare you dominate your class and run off slower trucks from racing. I hope you dont jump up to prostreet and do that.

You need to do what the sledpullers do and lead by example

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 09-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #45
Craig_C

Name: Craig_C
Title: Resident Smartass
Member`s Gallery
I can understand the argument from both sides....why punish guys like Rob for doing what he does....but on the other hand if I have a mid 10 truck the only reason I would run SS is with the hopes that the trucks like Robs dont show up or break.

Of course if I was Rob Id put that thing on a diet and go for PS

Old 09-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #46
dzchey21

Name: dzchey21
Title: Single turbo 6.4
Member`s Gallery
I want to make it clear that im not trying to take anything from rob or anyone else for that matter running those times, im just thinking about the nhrda and diesel motor sports in general on good ways to grow. I feel like the way it is now you are asking highschoolers to jump straight into the pros cuz lets face it superstreet is no joke.

I guess if you want to leave it heads up just like it is with no stepping stone, ill continue to bring my knife to the gunfight hoping a trigger doesnt work, and when it isnt fun anymore ill go to the gasser races and run their 10.9 index class

Funny how Dennis doesnt seam to think it will be that big of an issue adding it to TSoutlaw next year, Ill be there, and you know what class i will be in.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #47
dzchey21

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_C View Post
I can understand the argument from both sides....why punish guys like Rob for doing what he does....but on the other hand if I have a mid 10 truck the only reason I would run SS is with the hopes that the trucks like Robs dont show up or break.

Of course if I was Rob Id put that thing on a diet and go for PS
Thats kinda my point, i dont think any of the really fast superstreet trucks will have any issue making the transition to prostreet at all

Dont most of the fast superstreet trucks weigh 5000-5500 lbs anyways and they add weight for superstreets 6000lb limit?

Old 09-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #48
TMONEYDIESEL

Member`s Gallery
High schoolers?? High school kids must be making good money to run that quick of a index.

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #49
dvst8r

Name: dvst8r
Title: Unobtainium
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzchey21 View Post
..Dont most of the fast superstreet trucks weigh 5000-5500 lbs anyways and they add weight for superstreets 6000lb limit?
I would say all but two trucks in Edmonton this year (out of a field of at least 12) were at least 6300lbs. I know we were 6800lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
If i had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if i had some eggs.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #50
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Super street class is lame.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #51
dzchey21

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMONEYDIESEL View Post
High schoolers?? High school kids must be making good money to run that quick of a index.
No you misunderstood. I was saying like in football going from high school to the pros is a big jump

Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #52
whitetrash21

Name: whitetrash21
Title: der sparky
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Did you know that since you started going faster we are losing racers because you are pushing your truck to the edge of the class limits. Why would you do that Rob? How dare you dominate your class and run off slower trucks from racing. I hope you dont jump up to prostreet and do that.

You need to do what the sledpullers do and lead by example
Rules are the same for EVERY S/S racer. If Rob's running by those same rules and making rounds, how is it his all fault..... especially when he enters it in P/S at the same race and stays competitive against trucks that are lighter and have much more relaxed rules on chassis setup. If the truck is seriously that good, then it sounds like others need to step their game up.

Don't stop the double classing. I'd say add a 10.50-10.70 class with a little tighter rulebook... make it harder to run as many classes. If someone can pull it off, cool. If not, then they'll eventually figure it out and step up or down to a more appropriate class.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #53
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash21 View Post
Rules are the same for EVERY S/S racer. If Rob's running by those same rules and making rounds, how is it his all fault..... especially when he enters it in P/S at the same race and stays competitive against trucks that are lighter and have much more relaxed rules on chassis setup. If the truck is seriously that good, then it sounds like others need to step their game up.

Don't stop the double classing. I'd say add a 10.50-10.70 class with a little tighter rulebook... make it harder to run as many classes. If someone can pull it off, cool. If not, then they'll eventually figure it out and step up or down to a more appropriate class.
i agree its not fair to the people kicking ass in the class, they are just doing what works. i agree add a class, but the ss/ps overlap is pretty bad and has always been a downer in my eyes.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 09-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #54
Toolman

Name: Toolman
Member`s Gallery
I think a 10.5 or even a 10.2 index would be great . It can't be too bad of idea NHRA has been doing it for years. It will allow guys to pick a level they want to race. It would be a stepping stone into the Pro Street class. As it is now SS and PS are virtually the same if you take Stucky's and Seth Sullivan out of the mix. The really fast guys in SS should be able to easily make the jump to Pro Street if they want to race in an all out class.
There are a lot of 10 sec trucks out there that would run it that don't want to cut their truck up or put the full cage in or get the competition licence that they would need to be competitive in SS the way it is now and that is limiting the SS class as it stands.

B&B Tooling 269-496-9021

B & B Tooling Intakes and custom machined parts.

Member of Drive by Wire Mafia

Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #55
TMONEYDIESEL

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash21 View Post

I think your sarcasm meter is broke.......

I agree on adding a index class like 10.5

When u you have a heads up no ET limit class their will always be trucks that dominate.

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Last edited by TMONEYDIESEL; 09-01-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #56
dzchey21

Member`s Gallery
Yeah maybe my wording is wrong about superstreet... My main concern was filling the gap adding too many classes is also not good.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #57
whitetrash21

Name: whitetrash21
Title: der sparky
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I think your sarcasm meter is broke.......

I agree on adding a index class like 10.5

When u you have a heads up no ET limit class their will always be trucks that dominate.

I sat here scratching my head for a sec, thinking "Is he popping a funny or is he serious??" before I wrote that. Lack of smileys threw me off

Agreed on that last statement.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #58
Lostnwalmart

Name: Lostnwalmart
Member`s Gallery
I think adding a class would be a great idea but it will take trucks from other classes, I believe an 11.0 would keep most super street trucks in super street but would give room for advancement for the 11.9 index guys.
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
Anybody that would not haul a dinosaur for an orphanage is no friend of mine.
To some people it's all about money. Geez
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #59
Noreaster

Name: Noreaster
Title: Official beer tester
Member`s Gallery
just a thought

how about giving a weight break to single turbo fuel only trucks in super street?

Old 09-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #60
Redneck6.0L

Name: Redneck6.0L
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
just a thought

how about giving a weight break to single turbo fuel only trucks in super street?
This isn't sled pulling. Fuel only, you would kill the sport. They tryed to play that game already, it lasted one race.

I don't think anything is going to happen until they get a consistant high truck count racing.

Nitrous is a Ford's best freind

Closed Thread