Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Valair Clutch
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
buck0000

Name: buck0000
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Need clutch info

Do u all make a clutch for a duramax ? The truck im lookin at has well over 400 rwhp and i need a clutch that will hold up. I plan on using the truck as a dalily driver and for heavy towing last load was 20k pounds so do i need or will i benefit from a dual disc. Not to pit vendors againt each other but since i might purchase ur product why do u think ur clutches are better than your competition like southbend etc. The truck in question is a 05 lly 1 ton with a zf6 and has 4x4.

Thank u for the help and advice in advance Ryan

Old 11-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
CTD03

Name: CTD03
Title: One Hot 03
Member`s Gallery
bump for ya sure dan can help you out

Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
Valair1

Name: Valair1
Title: Valair Inc. Clutch
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck0000 View Post
Do u all make a clutch for a duramax ? The truck im lookin at has well over 400 rwhp and i need a clutch that will hold up. I plan on using the truck as a dalily driver and for heavy towing last load was 20k pounds so do i need or will i benefit from a dual disc. Not to pit vendors againt each other but since i might purchase ur product why do u think ur clutches are better than your competition like southbend etc. The truck in question is a 05 lly 1 ton with a zf6 and has 4x4.

Thank u for the help and advice in advance Ryan
Ryan, we do offer some single and dual disc cluches for your application, 400 hp and towing not a problem, Single Disc. But are you gonna drive it hard as well, then i would recommend a dual disc, and as far as my competition goes, i own a clutch company, i'm sure the only clutch i ever have used is my own so therefore cant comment. But i heard they build good clutches as a few others do as well. Might do better asking for Joe public's opinion other than a salesman.
Dan

Valair Performance Series Clutches

Old 11-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
buck0000

Name: buck0000
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Well thanks for the info. Could you give me a quote on a dual disc. What plate load is it and will the pedal pressure be managable. Also will a hydralic upgrade be needed for the duramax? Im used to dodges and am not sure of all that is needed to upgrade the duramax ZF6 trans. Thanks Ryan

Old 11-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
Dmaxaholic

Name: Dmaxaholic
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Do it. Been on my Valair dd for a year and a half and not had a problem yet.

Closed Thread