Smokin' Addiction

Bodacious

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We are going to try our hand at pulling.

We were lucky enough to have this come along just at the right time.

smokn_addiction.jpg

smokn_addiction2.jpg

smokn_addiction4.jpg

smokn_addiction5.jpg

A solid Hamilton block is on the way. Unfortunately, the block will set for a while. We want to use the internals out of Dan's engine so a filled 12valve block will take its place.

That is a good question. Has anyone ever ran in say the 2.5-2.6 class and bumped up to 3.0 at the same event?

Yes numerous times in COTPC, but with rules now you'd have to have the proper charger to bump around I would imagine. Which wouldn't be a big deal, also had a guy switch from a/a to a/w in between classes.

If your planning on running and ppl legal pulls that Hamilton block is not going to pass. As the rules state no aftermarket blocks

Is that the old name, or the new one? I like the truck name, but doesn't promote your new business.

Truck looks awesome!!!!

Is that the old name, or the new one? I like the truck name, but doesn't promote your new business.

Truck looks awesome!!!!

Yea I know. I like the name as well and Mr. Romberger said we could use the name.

I'm fussing with my son right now about stretching the truck to max wheelbase and getting our Co. colors on 'er. For sure all the stickers are coming off and getting plastered with our flags.

If your planning on running and ppl legal pulls that Hamilton block is not going to pass. As the rules state no aftermarket blocks

Yep. For us to get the truck back running the way it was, we are going to fill a 12 valve block.

We have not taken delivery of the Hamilton block yet. Just out of curiosity, if I did run one, how would the techs tell it was a hammy block???

Just out of curiosity, if I did run one, how would the techs tell it was a hammy block???

Here is one of the issues with pulling, everyone thinks if it gets past tech then it is legal. What happened to following the rules, the techs should only be used on issues that are questionable/gray areas(there are plenty of those), not clear defined issues such as "no aftermarket blocks" I totally understand pushing of the gray areas, however I have heard it too many times, 'well tech didn't catch it so I am not cheating'

Last edited:
We have not taken delivery of the Hamilton block yet. Just out of curiosity, if I did run one, how would the techs tell it was a hammy block???

Probably by the thread on CompD LOL

In seriousness, I think the freeze plug holes are non existant, you'd have to machine them out. Not sure. I have never seen one in person, but thats what'd I'd guess by the pics

I would definitely stretch the wheel base. Its not impossible to make a shorter wheelbase hook well, but why not be on a level field with almost every other competitor? Having a chassis that works is as important as HP. Having the most power means nothing if you cant plant it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would definitely stretch the wheel base. Its not impossible to make a shorter wheelbase hook well, but why not be on a level field with almost every other competitor? Having a chassis that works is as important as HP. Having the most power means nothing if you cant plant it.

My thoughts exactly. This truck is just so gorgeous, I kinda understand where my boy is coming from. Regardless, it is a pull truck. It could go back to the street but I don't see the effort being worth the money. We will for sure use an old bed to stretch it so we don't hurt this one.

Possibly someday when the time comes to sell, it should be worth more stretched.

...and here I go getting way ahead of myself again. We will prob leave it as is for this season just so we don't have to burn up all the midnight oil. That stuff is getting expensive!!! lol

Back