High pressure electric injection systems

okie18

Who has them besides Haldex/Sheid's? I've seen Hypermax's but I'm not sure what pressure theirs runs at. If I could find a pump like hypermax's I plan on running one of cooling mist controller's with it. I've also heard Bean's might have one but I've never heard anyone else mention besides the one time on psn.

The Haldex unit AFAIK is nothing more than a 12v Hydraulic pump that's being used to pump water.... IMHO, I'd never buy a hi-pressure injection kit when you could piece it together out of industrial components off ebay or industrial auction houses for a fraction of the cost....

Yep, I plan to piece mine together I just need to find a pump that will fit the bill. I'm not really wanting something as "extreme" as a haldex, just something that puts out around twice the pressure of the shur-flow pumps everyone uses.

Snow's pump is junk, its only rated for 50% duty cycle.

Ive gone thru 2 of them in as many years too.. dunno why but they all leak internally and corrode.
picked up a 300psi pump this time, hoping it holds together a little better.

120 volt pressure washer ran off a power inverter and controlled by nitrous solenoids?

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

My poor truck needs so much attention... But I still think this is the best way to do a high pressure water injection system on a truck that sees street use. There may be a little extra weight compared to a 12 volt hydraulic pump system, but this provides lots of installation flexibility. And not only does it give you an excuse to install an inverter, but the pressure washer comes in handy as well.

looks just like the aquatec ones snow uses.. same design as the one that just died on mine.
Problem is the seals let go and theres no drain except into the motor via the sealed bearing.
Maybe I just need to take a new one apart and seal it with something methanol doesnt eat into.

Cooling-mist controller and Haldex pump running cutting oil at a ratio of 2 oz per gallon of water. This keeps the pump lubed since it was intentionally designed for moving oil in a hydraulic system. This is how I have it set up now and it drops my EGT's by about 400 degrees. Only problem is it draws a lot off the electrical system so I designed a stand alone battery just for the pump. I charges with the OEM alternator until I'm WOT and the pedal switch disconnects the hot wire from the OEM system so no affect is seen on the system voltage driving the injectors, pcm and the injector drive module.

3-30-12_002.JPG

The T handle behind the gauge regulates the water back to the tank so I can run any pressure up to 1000 psi with the jets installed during testing.

Flow of air in my system: Atmosphere into stage 1 charger, intercooler, water injection (300cc's), 2nd stage charger, water injection (1200cc's), intake into the cylinder.

Atmosphere into stage 1 charger, intercooler, water injection (300cc's), 2nd stage charger, water injection (1200cc's), intake into the cylinder.

Are these flow values @ 100psi or calculated for the pressure you run?

I run 30cc's a second based on 1000psi at full boost. The pump will drop to 800psi at the end of the run based on battery voltage dropping. I average about 12oz per pass.

psi with the jets installed during testing.

Flow of air in my system: Atmosphere into stage 1 charger, intercooler, water injection (300cc's), 2nd stage charger, water injection (1200cc's), intake into the cylinder.

Kudos for running a nozzle between turbos, but have you thought about or experimented with a nozzle before the first turbo?

If you only running it for racing or the occasional street use, why not use a nitrogen or breathing air bottle to push the water/meth? Then you could easily run anything up to 3000 psi with nothing more than the turn of a regulator.

Glad this finally took off with some good info :rockwoot:

120 volt pressure washer ran off a power inverter and controlled by nitrous solenoids?

I remember seeing your setup before but couldn't quite remember how you had it. I did remember you used a pressure washer of some sort. So I started looking at pressure washer plunger pumps and a dc motor to match it to with a lovejoy and a mount. I'll have to check into a inverter if I cant find a dc motor small enough with some oomph.

This was exactly what I was looking for. May have to invest in one. Thanks

Blowby, I saw your thread and it gave me a few ideas too. The battery drain is kind of a pain. Very nice setup by the way.

If you only running it for racing or the occasional street use, why not use a nitrogen or breathing air bottle to push the water/meth? Then you could easily run anything up to 3000 psi with nothing more than the turn of a regulator.

I actually thought of something like this. I just wouldn't want to mess with refilling the bottle all the time.

Keep the ideas coming guys :Cheer:

Last edited:
I actually thought of something like this. I just wouldn't want to mess with refilling the bottle all the time.

I think you might be supprised how long a bottle of nitrogen will last, even a small one, if you have it regulated down to 400 psi. It will also never fail like a pump, and if you get in a pinch you can air up your tires, run an impact or die grinder, jack, clean parts with an air nozzle, run your air horns, etc. You could run CO2 as well, it would be a bit safer.

Last edited:
If you want to go mechanical, I suggest you look into these.
Going to make my own WI kit - RX7Club.com

Rice Racing in Aussie also makes one, you are looking at using a air liquid nozzle like a paint spray gun. Alot of info on the aquamist board and the rx7club board if you wanna get serious. I'm thinking of using one pre-turbo, but using the water pump to atomize better yet. There's a video on youtube of a guy with one setup, but I can't remember the name of the video. He walks you through all of it.

A note on the 800psi pump above, it only puts out .2 GPM, which is 12 gallons per hour.

Back