pump location

NAPA's SFI 23002 fuel filter works perfect as a fine water filter. 3/8" fittings and all-plastic. Mine has been installed for 2 years with zero problems.

1329463.jpg

mine's mounted behind the front bumper, on the drivers side. with the head facing down and the suction line off the bottom of the stock resevoir.
The pumps dont last long. Seems like they inevitably leak inside and lock up the internals.
I bet companies like snow deal with warranty issues left and right with these pumps. =(

The pumps dont last long. Seems like they inevitably leak inside and lock up the internals.
I bet companies like snow deal with warranty issues left and right with these pumps. =(
Thats likely because your pump is in a very exposed location where rainwater and road salt can run down into the motor.
Mine has been running for 5 years because its inside. The only issue I had was a burnt pressure switch contact from cycling too much, installing an accumulator solved that.

Hmmm.. I looked at the thing when I installed it. Didnt see any openings that crud could get into, but I sprayed it down with paraffin anyhow, should keep the water out.
Sure looked like the internal seals failed and the methanol corroded the aluminum.

Aquamist tells customers to seal up the wiring hole(techinical term) if mounting outside of the trunk. That would be the simplest, unless you have the older shurflo, and then you would have to seal up the top as well.

Back