Question for Fellow Pullers

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Guys
Got a question for yall to see what everyone else thinks about it.
As most of yall know i have moved up to a 2 ton rear end, and a solid suspension set up.
What pushed me to do this is the constant breaking of my D80.
My local pulling Orgs have allowed me to continue puling with the 2.6 class, since me going to a bigger rear end doesn't add any performance to my truck.
I am still @ 26 inch hitch height though... :bang

The question i have is for the other orgs around Ky and surrounding states.
Would anyone have a problem with me coming and still running 2.6 considering the changes i have made? IF not I'm cool with that. I would still like to come run exhibition to futher the 2wd idea until it catches on.

Any thoughts and opinions??

thanks
Lynn

I wouldn't have a problem with it. Its not adding any power. I'll bring it up at the next Indiana ITPA board meeting

what about the 2.6 4wd guys that have shredded their ring & pinions and the largest axles available?

People would be screaming bloody murder if a 4wd 2.6 truck suggest using a 106, they already joke about mod 2.6

Just playing evil advocate, not necessarily my opinion. ;)

what about the 2.6 4wd guys that have shredded their ring & pinions and the largest axles available?

People would be screaming bloody murder if a 2WD 2.6 truck suggest using a 106, they already joke about mod 2.6

Just playing evil advocate, not necessarily my opinion. ;)

Is that what you meant?

No he meant they would raise hell over it, how it was typed

The way I see it Lynn, your putting everything through the one axle and it's taking alot more abuse than the rear in a 4wd. I'm fine with it

-Michael

I don't know if B.O.B will let us run like that. I can't get them to awnser me. If not I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't see why we can't just run 7500 pounds and 30" hitch but that's just me.

Last edited:
Hope things go good for you guy's.have a Merry Christmas and a happy and safe newyear.

Dale

I don't know if B.O.B will let us run like that. I can't get them to awnser me. If not I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't see why we can't just run 7500 pounds and 30" hitch but that's just me.

Andy Im working with BOB on that. I do know that KTPA & KOTTPA will both allow 2wds woth big rears and solid suspention. Now just gotta get some other bigger orgs to follow suit.

Gene??? :poke:

Lynn

Put a bigger turbo on, put your hitch up to 30" and come play away from the that grating noise on your brain known as the 2.6 class.LOLLOL

Lynn did you ever talk to Kevin? Tom never did get back to me like he said he would.

Andy I haven't had the chance to call him yet. Ill try to this week and see if i can find out what is going on. Also wanted to call around to a few other local Orgs and see the same thing.

KTPA, KOTTPA say we can run BOB should let us in. Need to check with that new Thoroughbred Pulling Association and see if we can do the same.

Lynn

I tried getting ahold of the new one threw email with no awnser. I'd like to get a response in writing so they can't go back on it. What are KTPA, & KOTTPA Letting you run hitch height?

Guys I talked with tom this weekend about your trucks.I expressed my opinion...:cheer:
It will be ok to run with a 26" hitch.But of course when you win you know what's gonna happen!:soap:

Guys I talked with tom this weekend about your trucks.I expressed my opinion...:cheer:
It will be ok to run with a 26" hitch.But of course when you win you know what's gonna happen!:soap:

Thanks Chris. I know what ya mean. lol Hopefully by then we will have enough to start a class. I just wanna play and have a good time. You know me..:evil haha.

Lynn

Back