'06 Left Me Stranded

Bobus

Powerstroked
Well my 6.0l showed its ugly side again today.. it has been going in and out of missing fits for the last few days.. today it went into a missing fit that progressively got worse blowing large amounts of black smoke, till it died on the road, no restart.. cranks like normal, tries to fire but doesn't mostly just puffing gray smoke.. Ended up having to call Ford Roadside Assistance to tow it.. talked too a Ford tech about it and he thinks FICM went or the fuel pump..

The ICP sensor went out on my F550 once and caused a similar issue. Mine actually while driving at 70 MPH.

Yeah, Just got off the Phone With Ford, There putting it on the rack to work on it.. They listed a few things that could be wrong, FICM, ICP, Fuel Pump, Chaffed Wire Harness... I love it, Endless possibilities for issues :hehe:..

I don't have the Injector Buzz on my truck.. Ford flashed that out a 2 years ago. When the key was turned on all i could hear was Fuel Pump

Wrong buzz........

The flash you had changed was at shut down, after you turn the truck off. The buzz he is talking about hearing is when you turn the key to the on position, you should hear the injectors buzz. All 6.0s do this.

Yeah, Just got off the Phone With Ford, There putting it on the rack to work on it.. They listed a few things that could be wrong, FICM, ICP, Fuel Pump, Chaffed Wire Harness... I love it, Endless possibilities for issues :hehe:..

lol, i hear you there! try unplugging the ICP, it should start if thats the issue...

another thing to try, if you think its the FICM, and you dont have the "buzz" to it, unplug one of the injectors and take a volt meter, use the D/C on the voltmeter and stick the probes on the number 1 and 3 pins in the wiring harness side. you should get voltage with the key on at that point if your FICM is still good. if it doesnt register voltage, either your FICM is bad or the ICP is shorting out.. then try unplugging the ICP, and reprobing the injectors..

Talked to Ford at about it at 3-ish. They couldn't get it to start and there scanners wern't showing any codes or faults.. Their a bit confused

Talked to Ford at about it at 3-ish. They couldn't get it to start and there scanners wern't showing any codes or faults.. Their a bit confused

Sounds like my dealer, if the computer doesn't tell them to fix something, they have no clue what they're doing. My truck has been running incorrectly for something like 8 months now, its been there three times with a total time of over 4 weeks sitting there, while I pay my ridiculous monthly payment and no truck. Got it back after the last visit which was three weeks and all they had done was told me to change my oil regularly, use additive (both of which I do) and they cleaned the EGR valve... even though they know I use an SCT... which apparently they dont know shuts the EGR valve off.

YAY!! I get my truck back, According to Ford it had an Air leak on my engine mounted Fuel filter housing..Yeah some reason i don't believe them, but will give it a whirl.. And got another rear pinion seal cause the last one they installed (7000 miles ago) was leaking fluid out

YAY!! I get my truck back, According to Ford it had an Air leak on my engine mounted Fuel filter housing..Yeah some reason i don't believe them, but will give it a whirl.. And got another rear pinion seal cause the last one they installed (7000 miles ago) was leaking fluid out

Prolly right on your issue. I let a Ford Master Tech work on my truck once, and among the 50 other lame things he did, filter housing leaked very little but it sure ran like chit.

So i got it back last night Seemed to run good, Put almost 40miles on it before it Started Missing and died on the road AGAIN!! Tried to restart and it was a no go, No Smoke, no nothing, Shows no Codes on my Insight.. Dumped the Trailer and Bobcat and had to be hauled home by a Dodge.. I'm so pissed right now.. I called the Service manager at home and gave him a piece of my mind, He told me to bring it in on Monday and they'll take another look at it...Yeah I dunno if it will or not.. Thinkin different dealer

man that sucks...... I feel your pain...... cussing them out doesnt do any good . They just look at you like a cow lookin at a new gate.They could care less.Just got to passify you till quitting time.Hope you get it worked out.

At one time, I too couldn't even look at the service manager at my dealership...he was/still is, an idiot.(He couldn't organize a 2 car parade.) I just started making friends with the Tech's, and the Shop Forman....things got waaay better after that. I just had to talk to them after that.

Try bringing in a box of donuts and coffee...they bend over backwards for you.:bow:

Extended power, I know what your sayin, problem is the dealer hear changes techs every 6 months or so so its hard too keep relations good, and i shouldn't have to bribe the half-wits to get my ruck fixed right.. its there job and they should do it all the time

Back