Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Smarty Resource
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 11:20 AM   #1
justale

Name: justale
Title: 2006 Ram 5.9; '06 MB desl
Member`s Gallery
2006 CR, P1222 Code, 10 Chimes, Help Needed

There is a long story behind this... but I continue to have issue with the dreaded P1222 code and 10 chimes. It all started after I rebuilt my engine. All was going well until I soaked my ECM with oil and had to replace it and the wire harness. Now, every time the engine is warm and I'm cruising down the road and I let off of the throttle, ding, ding, ding.
I've done the return flow tests, they are high. So I checked all the connecting tubes and they are all fine. Been verified many times. Sent the injectors back to Industrial Injection, they tested fine. Drove truck to I.I., they checked everything and can find nothing wrong. Injectors and tubes are perfect they say.
I replaced the II injectors with brand new Big Bang stockers. Same issue. Nearly same return flow rates. 19ml/30 seconds at idle, 300ml/30 seconds with the FCA disconnected.

Here are my questions:
Is this return rate too high?
Am I overheating the fuel in the tank with this high return rate and making the problem worse the longer the engine runs? Because it does get worse the longer I drive it.
Is there something in the new ECM programming that is an issue? I had Dodge check the program to make sure it is the latest and greatest.

I have replaced darned near everything. It is a stock truck with all stock replacements. No tuners or tweaks. Stock. I want to know how hard I need to push back on the injector people, or if I have a software issue.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:27 PM   #2
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Who flashed your replacement ECM ? Was it done by a Dodge dealer ? I seem to remember a flash to fix this back in the day.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #3
justale

Member`s Gallery
I bought the ECM from Reman Auto Electronics in Pennsylvania. It was giving me the error code when I got it. They double checked it said everything is good when I sent it back to them.

I then took it to my local Dodge dealer for any updates/corrections. They said it is fine. They want to do a return flow test as a first step to diagnose the problem. I know where that will lead... another set of injectors at Dodge's price, plus installation. No thanks.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #4
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Your ECM is likely the problem. These ReManufacturers don't really remanufacture them. They don't really test them. They open them up if they see bad spots they repair the hardware and ship them back out. They're all questionable at best. Unfortunately they always get you by the balls because they just tell you everything's fine with it and there's nothing you can do about it with their so-called useless "warranty". You could always just shut off the monitoring with HP tuners I believe. Been a while since I tuned a truck with it so I can't quite remember but I'm pretty sure the option is there.

Edit. I just realized this was a sponsor form. Smarty UDC may have the option as well. It has been even longer since I opened that software up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by ComnRailPwr; 06-09-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:49 PM   #5
justale

Member`s Gallery
Roger that. I'll give them a ring and talk to the folks at Smarty.

Closed Thread