Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Tires: Proxies: 286/60/R17 on OEM dodge wheels

Anyone have any pics of their truck with these lower profile tires on them?

I love the look of the 295/70/17 nitto's. HATED the sponge like ride with the D-rated tires.

I love the 285/70/17's. all around sweet tire! E rated and handles VERY WELL for an A/T tire.

However, traction is limited in 2wd and it's getting old to have to be in 4wd at 45mph or less to have traction, and a little hard on parts. Stopping traction could be a little better as well.

So I figured I see how more a sport tire would work out. Also the added safety of a tire rating over 106mph is a good idea nowadays.

Toyo makes the biggest 17" rim tire in a 285/60/r17. that's about 30.5".
OEM was if I recall correctly a 265/70/r17 and that's about 31.6"
The nitto 285/70/r17 is a 32.7"

Naturally I'll be giving up some top end with the smaller tire (3500rpm).
117mph with the toyo' (133 with 4000rpm)
127mph with the nitto 285's. (145 with 4000rpm)

There is no way in hell I'm going 145 with the 106mph rated nitto's maybe if they were brand new and not worn down.

So, how funny would my truck look with a smaller over all diameter tire then stock?

I suppose I just need to get new wheels to make this easier and keep things around 32-33"

Closed Thread