Custom length headstuds

winkdemon

Fast, Cheap or Reliable.
I have customer that has bought a Hamilton war head. I am having issues with the headstuds for it, I know there .250 longer then stock. I have called arp's custom department. but have not got a call back on them yet. Yet just wondering if anyone has had to deal with this before ? if so what have you worked out for the issue.

I have the valves and springs figured out. Now for finding push rods for it.

Thanks guys

I messaged them couple times, But i think there busy with ucc going up. They haven't got back to me on them

he doesn't want to pull the engine back out. so it would be 12mm studs. i will give smith bros a call on the push rods tomorrow

I have customer that has bought a Hamilton war head. I am having issues with the headstuds for it, I know there .250 longer then stock. I have called arp's custom department. but have not got a call back on them yet. Yet just wondering if anyone has had to deal with this before ? if so what have you worked out for the issue.

I have the valves and springs figured out. Now for finding push rods for it.

Thanks guys

Hit up power driven diesel. They might have a part number for you

If memory serves me correctly, they used Kenny's Pulling Parts for head studs with the war head.

Yes, we used Kenny's. However, I'd be scared to use anything other than ARP 625's when you step down to 12mm stud size. We've had zero issues with Kenny's 14mm/9-16" studs but with all the failures with 12mm studs from other manufacturers, I'd be leary of anything 12mm that wasn't ARP 625. That said, custom studs from ARP are so expensive and lead time is so great, you really should drill and tap the block for 14mm.

awesome thanks guys i will get a hold of Kenny's Pulling Parts so what they can do for me. might just be the way she goes to have to drill and tap the block out.

Back