Mark Nixon, Not even once.

Jgray.Proaudio

Don't Trust Nixon
Here is my advice to stay away from the biggest rip-off in the diesel industry.

Mark Nixon on Comp. Diesel - banned from Cummins Forum. (402) 780-5127

Earlier this year (April or so) - My brother, Chris bought a "good running" "60k mile" complete 6.7 from Mark. This is a motor that Mark said came from a friends truck. This is what Mark considers a good running motor for $3,000.

Mark has refused to do anything besides replace the bare block if we ship him the old one on our dime. To make matters worse the head off the motor also had the intake plenum bolts broken off and dropped a valve seat within a mile of being put on a short block we had at the shop.

I called Mark this morning and proceeded to get the "Go -yourself and call your -ing lawers" for about 15 minutes of trying to even get an address to send the bare block back to. At this point, we are going to mark this off as a $3000 lesson.

I forgot to add, Mark is blaming us for taking the head off the motor in the first place. In his mind, we should have to throw it in and run it and we wouldn't have a problem...

He told me to go run my mouth on the internet, so here we are.

48373479_10213268393365434_3266049464393007104_o.jpg

48379567_10213268393125428_8966711817812312064_o.jpg

48380455_10213268392925423_4546646864807591936_o.jpg

48393012_10213268393885447_8664072921599180800_o.jpg

Here is a warning to anyone who wants to consider doing business with Mark.

When you want to make the situation right, you have my phone number.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2688716

Here is a warning to anyone who wants to consider doing business with Mark.

When you want to make the situation right, you have my phone number.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2688716

We saw your other thread- if you and Mark have unfinished business, keep it in that thread. We dont need you running around $hitting up every thread he posts in.

Thanks

I will respect this request and this will be my only comment. Trying to save someone else dealing with Mark. A quick scroll through Facebook this morning and I see 10+ people who have had similar experiences with Mark.

Mark takes a heavy toll on the whole industry when he does this _. Sells an enthusiast a motor and then they have to buy another one to just keep their truck on the road instead of reinvesting in the industry most of us eat sleep and breath.

I feel posting in he would be a fair warning to people who find these posts looking for parts, someone who finds the link off Google isn't going to look in the buyer beware section first before buying.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Recourse on the block was offered no less than 3 times since April and a 4th time today.
Each time prior to today, you agreed to ship, yet no block after 9 months.

I can't fix something that's been agreed to, if you won't hold to your end for the recourse.

Mark.

Mark, dont try to look civil on here.

After 3 calls this morning of you screaming your head off like a 2-year-old child and me barely able to get a word in without you going off I still don't have an address to send you a block.
When I asked you for an address to send it to this morning and your response was "Your brother has it."

Your "Recourse" of replacing a cracked block with another bare block isn't acceptable at this point on a Mark Nixon Special - "good running motor."

Last edited:
The head was off the motor about a month after we bought it, this was waiting at another local shop who was going to do the work for us.
That was when we found the rust first, after deciding we were going to get the Nixon Special "Good running motor" rebuilt, the machine shop pulled off the insulation and found the cracks and silicone or sort of material.

At this point mark offered to replace just the block, and between the shop, my brother and my schedule, none of us had time to deal with it. We sourced another - good running motor and got the truck on the road. The motor was put into storage in an unknown condition and then brought to my shop 2 months ago to attempt to work something out with Mark.

Yeah... Wow.. Nothing bad to say about Mark here either.

Plus, April was a long time ago.

Used parts can be a ***** when it comes to warranty.

At this point mark offered to replace just the block, and between the shop, my brother and my schedule, none of us had time to deal with it.

So....... you were offered a remedy to the situation and declined. Now you’re running a multi site smear campaign?

If you can prove the guy tore down the motor and was aware of the problem before reassembling it and selling it to you, I’ll jump on board.

He’s not selling reman stuff, so I don’t see it being all that unlikely that some of the stuff in his yard is going to have issues.

Last edited:
How do you ship something if you don't have a ship to address? :what:
Was an address asked for/provided when the offer was made, or was the first attempt this morning? Also, I don’t know when he moved, but there’s a chance that it’s still the same address.

Recourse on the block was offered no less than 3 times since April and a 4th time today.
Each time prior to today, you agreed to ship, yet no block after 9 months.

I can't fix something that's been agreed to, if you won't hold to your end for the recourse.

Mark.

Last edited:
Was an address asked for/provided when the offer was made, or was the first attempt this morning? Also, I don’t know when he moved, but there’s a chance that it’s still the same address.

All I'm saying is Jeremy claims he wasn't provided with an address.

How hard would it have been to simply give an address, verses swear and yell?

No reason to get hostile by either party. Simply offer a solution with information on how to take advantage of said solution and follow through.

All I'm saying is Jeremy claims he wasn't provided with an address.

How hard would it have been to simply give an address, verses swear and yell?

No reason to get hostile by either party. Simply offer a solution with information on how to take advantage of said solution and follow through.

Agreed, but someone got pissy first, and each is likely to point to the other.
I hope we can all go back to being friends again!

Can we address the real issue......

Did the OP actually cite c0cksuckers forum as a reliable source and reference in order to ban someone?

pleasehold.jpg

Unless someone was specifically looking for a particular part(or scrap), I wouldn't have even sold that engine to anyone. Of course, that's why some people have money and I don't. Maybe he didn't know there were heaps of rust in the cylinders when he sold it, but there's no f'en way he didn't know half the engine was held together with silicone. Dishonest sale; not the first and it certainly won't be the last. "Buyer beware" still holds true.

I've kept out of it, but there has been background chatter across multiple platforms for quite a while.

I still don't have coolant put in mine that I bought in 2016. It had a spot on the cylinder wall that is either nothing or it's a hole to a coolant passage. I had a **** it moment and put it together anyway.
If it turns out to be damaged, I'll sleeve it and chalk it up to the gamble it was.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Points of clarification:

1. This guy, or his brother at least, has my address, because his brother came and picked up the engine from me and he indicated he was using GPS to get here.
Never in the 3 prior phone calls was I asked for the shipping address at any point, as it was a given that he had/has it.

2. When the engine was picked up, it was inspected and approved by the buyer and it did have an engine blanket on the driver's side, which precluded me (or anyone) from seeing the damage, without removing it first, which was never done by either of us.
Had I seen this damage, I would not have offered it for sale.

Additionally, when the buyer picked the engine up, it had no intake horn on it when it was loaded in his truck
On that day he picked it up, we were having rainstorms and while loading it, I asked him if he wanted something to cover the intake up and he declined.

Mark.

X2... Done a good bit of “horse tradin’” with Mark myself and he’s always done me right.

Sorry ‘bout your luck OP. I’ve been there. I got burned bad on a set of 5X25 dual-feed 12v injectors from a individual on here a few years back..Turned out to be absolute junk. Learned a few hard lessons on that deal.

That said..Mark is good people in my opinion.

I have definitely done my share of business with mark. Every part I have ever gotten from him. Has always been explained to me what it was.

I speak with mark on the phone from time to time and discuss are junk together. I know mark would never intentionally sell a junk part. Unless he specifically said what issues are there.

Where I get kinda stumped if anyone says it's a running motor. Why tear the motor apart if u buy it cause it's running. And when you see the block had issues. Why would you proceed to RIP the motor apart. Not saying this guy did but when this motor is tore down like that hows mark even know that's the engine he sold. Not saying it's not but that's my views.

If you went to say a regular salvage yard and bought a motor. Then take it home and pull the head there going to say. Ya you own it buddy. You had warranty till you pulled it apart.

mark

I have been dealing with Mark for about 8 years, he has always been very fair with me, he has always been honest with all parts/motors I have gotten from him.

Back