Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Dyno Forum
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dyno Forum Discuss Dyno Tuning, and Post those Graphs Here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #21
Fletcher

Name: Fletcher
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG
Would it be fair to dyno your all motor against my all motor?

Sure, that would be fun to do since we’re both running Industrial Injections
“the ultimate in diesel performance” products….

Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #22
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Anyone care to wager monentary investments on the outcome?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #23
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
I'd prefer to see loser wears a "Greg Houge makes more Power than I do" Tee shirt
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #24
MADDOG

Name: MADDOG
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher
Sure, that would be fun to do since we’re both running Industrial Injections
“the ultimate in diesel performance” products….
Hmmmm last I checked I was running DDP injectors, and a old stoopid pump with some of my own tweeks.

"Dynomite Diesel is the ultimate in diesel performance products"
1013 horsepower on #2 in a daily driver.

Hey RacinDuallie since your Fletchers head cheerleader why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #25
K5KRAZIE

Name: K5KRAZIE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
It wouldn’t be fair to the unlimited “Nos” class for me to dyno my all motor truck in.
I'm not sure what fair has to do with anything. The questionat hand is are Twins, race, sponsered trucks.......Should they be allowed to dyno against the "common" truck or be in the unlimited class? I drive my truck EVERYDAY not some days or when the weather is good. See yours and other trucks are built for a specific purpose, the motors are built for power and thats it. I get 18-20 MPG and can drive long distances in comfort. All it takes for me to have power is a 30 min. injector change and a filled bottle.....

Old 08-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #26
Fletcher

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5KRAZIE
I'm not sure what fair has to do with anything. The questionat hand is are Twins, race, sponsered trucks.......Should they be allowed to dyno against the "common" truck or be in the unlimited class? I drive my truck EVERYDAY not some days or when the weather is good. See yours and other trucks are built for a specific purpose, the motors are built for power and thats it. I get 18-20 MPG and can drive long distances in comfort. All it takes for me to have power is a 30 min. injector change and a filled bottle.....
I’m sorry for misunderstanding, I’m a bit lethargic….So, Common trucks shouldn’t hang around faster ones w/ stickers?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:59 AM   #27
K5KRAZIE

Name: K5KRAZIE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I’m sorry for misunderstanding, I’m a bit lethargic….So, Common trucks shouldn’t hang around faster ones w/ stickers?
For the event we all attended there was 4 groups of trucks dynoing.
1) stock
2) Bombed #2 only (under 400HP)
3) Bombed #2 only (over 400HP)
4) Unlimited anything goes
Where would you have dynoed? Myself and Bondo dynoed in Unlimited........

Old 08-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #28
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
1013 horsepower on #2 in a daily driver.

Hey RacinDuallie since your Fletchers head cheerleader why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Hmmmmm, I remember seeing about 2 years ago your truck on the cover of Off-Road magazine touting 1000 hp. Is that all you found in that time is 13 hp?

I'm nobodys cheerleader.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #29
BONDO

Name: BONDO
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
That is sort of what I was getting at, Nowadays injectors and a fueling box will make 500+ horsepower with stock turbo. I coulda been in the BOMBED class, but I dont think it is exaclty fair to be in that class considering all of the "help" that Dynomite has given me, I have paid for everything, but it is the Little Extra that makes the difference. It is also unfair to release a truck meant for the sole purpose of making huge huge power on a truck with a fueling box and a set of injectors. I do great body work, and I bet I can hide a nitrous bottle where no one will see or tell, but it is very hard to hide a turbo. My question wasnt meant to start a fight, but to question if the classes were correct. I am happy with my dyno results and happy with the class that I entered. Whether we are getting air from another turbo or getting it from a bottle or from washer fluid, it is still extra help, and I believe thatthose modifications are above and beyond common ground, and that we should be classed differently. Just my thoughts. Steve

Old 08-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #30
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
Ok, I'm a little slow here........ What's the point exactly?

Old 08-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #31
Timbeaux

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner
Ok, I'm a little slow here........ What's the point exactly?
Read posts 1-29.... It should become clear that we have a thread going in 2 diffrent directions, and no, I'm not gonna split it
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson

Old 08-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #32
Burner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux38
Read posts 1-29.... It should become clear that we have a thread going in 2 diffrent directions, and no, I'm not gonna split it

.......I think you missed the bus all together.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #33
Timbeaux

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner
.......I think you missed the bus all together.

The stupid question bus? Yep I did.......
Quote:

Old 08-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #34
BONDO

Name: BONDO
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I guess you would have had to be at the event to understand. Sorry for the confusion! And the hyjack. Steve

Old 08-30-2006, 01:19 PM   #35
Timbeaux

Member`s Gallery
I do understand, but I think a run what you brung class is just that. I know of guys whao are unsponsored that make nutzo power like those who are sponsored do. You dont have to be sponsored to go big, you just gotta have the change.....
Quote:

Old 08-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #36
Burner

Member`s Gallery
So, no matter the sponsor there is an unlimmited class, right? That means ya run anything you want as long as it's Diesel powered, right? And then, there is a "Diesel Only" class and you can run anything Diesel with or without sponsors, right?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #37
Fletcher

Member`s Gallery
Dyno shoot out in sept...

I suggest that we pool our money , hirer a portable dyno and have a mid September dyno shoot in Tukwila.

The rules would be simple;

Any trucks that have additional body molding would be subjective to a sea van X-ray or visually inspected. Vehicles 02-06 would be limited to but not exceeding 388 ci, Vehicles with an inducer wheels 3.45 or smaller on a 04 to 06 …A 2.75 stacked w/ an additional chargers would be acceptable only if they did not exceed a total combine measurement of a gross 876mm and set under a singular 4.76 ran for the purpose on a OEM commuter vehicles. Vehicles would have to possess pre-fuel OEM equipped apparatus, However, 05 molds w/ manual transmissions would still need to run with their stock ECM but can implement the use of additional sub system enhancements propagating the fields up to 39 percent of the duration capacities of the unit’s potential. Other add ons will be allowed as long as they ERI the intent of the stock units particulate penetration but can subject to disqualification if any transmutes are discovered. Vehicles altered to mechanically increase volumetric’s would be inspected for other Nitrate mixed in the fuel cells but only if introduced after the injection pump. Electronic pumps would be allowed to use additives only if the pumps flow capabilities match the raw cam lift but not to exceed the geometry of value train ratio for the intent of fuel economy.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #38
MADDOG

Name: MADDOG
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie
Hmmmmm, I remember seeing about 2 years ago your truck on the cover of Off-Road magazine touting 1000 hp. Is that all you found in that time is 13 hp?

I'm nobodys cheerleader.
Hmmmmmmmmm, I remember seeing about 2 million of your posts probably about stuff you are dreaming of doing, but have nothing yet to show for your big talk.

Oh and somebody reported seeing you in a lollie pop waving some big pom poms.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #39
Burner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I suggest that we pool our money , hirer a portable dyno and have a mid September dyno shoot in Tukwila.

The rules would be simple;

Any trucks that have additional body molding would be subjective to a sea van X-ray or visually inspected. Vehicles 02-06 would be limited to but not exceeding 388 ci, Vehicles with an inducer wheels 3.45 or smaller on a 04 to 06 …A 2.75 stacked w/ an additional chargers would be acceptable only if they did not exceed a total combine measurement of a gross 876mm and set under a singular 4.76 ran for the purpose on a OEM commuter vehicles. Vehicles would have to possess pre-fuel OEM equipped apparatus, However, 05 molds w/ manual transmissions would still need to run with their stock ECM but can implement the use of additional sub system enhancements propagating the fields up to 39 percent of the duration capacities of the unit’s potential. Other add ons will be allowed as long as they ERI the intent of the stock units particulate penetration but can subject to disqualification if any transmutes are discovered. Vehicles altered to mechanically increase volumetric’s would be inspected for other Nitrate mixed in the fuel cells but only if introduced after the injection pump. Electronic pumps would be allowed to use additives only if the pumps flow capabilities match the raw cam lift but not to exceed the geometry of value train ratio for the intent of fuel economy.

So, a VV turbo would add more fuel to the fire. How would you rate it?

BTW, the 39% is funny.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #40
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmm, I remember seeing about 2 million of your posts probably about stuff you are dreaming of doing, but have nothing yet to show for your big talk.

Oh and somebody reported seeing you in a lollie pop waving some big pom poms.
I had a response for this ,but,

I have to seek consultation first......

Closed Thread