Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Dyno Forum
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dyno Forum Discuss Dyno Tuning, and Post those Graphs Here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #41
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Hey D.M.

Why is it when I posted on your thread about your achievement on the 1000 hp on fuel thread, quote- "1000hp on fuel is a damned fine achievement" what is that considered? Is that cheerleading as well??

I give anyone the proper props they are entitled to , yet- when it is of someone from the other group this is often referred to as cheerleading?

Why is that D.M. ?

Shouldn't there be thoughts of harmony and the positive progression of diesel motorsports for all involved no matter which group they belong to? Obviously it's not....

Old 08-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #42
MADDOG

Name: MADDOG
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie
Hey D.M.

Why is it when I posted on your thread about your achievement on the 1000 hp on fuel thread, quote- "1000hp on fuel is a damned fine achievement" what is that considered? Is that cheerleading as well??

I give anyone the proper props they are entitled to , yet- when it is of someone from the other group this is often referred to as cheerleading?

Why is that D.M. ?

Shouldn't there be thoughts of harmony and the positive progression of diesel motorsports for all involved no matter which group they belong to? Obviously it's not....

"Shouldn't there be thoughts of harmony and the positive progression of diesel motorsports for all involved no matter which group they belong to? Obviously it's not."

Hmmmmm, I wonder what D.M. stands for, and I wonder if it is in harmony with the quote above.

Oh and for the post on 1000hp.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #43
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG

Oh and somebody reported seeing you in a lollie pop waving some big pom poms.
And what type of harmony is this one? Or do you normally hijack a thread in this type of manner?

Old 08-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #44
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG
Hmmmmmmmmm, I remember seeing about 2 million of your posts probably about stuff you are dreaming of doing, but have nothing yet to show for your big talk.

Do you want to discuss how each of us obtains the parts for our programs?

I can entertain this discussion, if you wish........

And there's no dreaming going on at Vanishing Point, only reality. Sure when one is paying the bills out of his own pocket things like this take time.

Perhaps you could shed some light on your way of aquiring parts??

Hey your welcome on the thank you.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #45
paulb

Name: paulb
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher
I suggest that we pool our money , hirer a portable dyno and have a mid September dyno shoot in Tukwila.

The rules would be simple;

Any trucks that have additional body molding would be subjective to a sea van X-ray or visually inspected. Vehicles 02-06 would be limited to but not exceeding 388 ci, Vehicles with an inducer wheels 3.45 or smaller on a 04 to 06 …A 2.75 stacked w/ an additional chargers would be acceptable only if they did not exceed a total combine measurement of a gross 876mm and set under a singular 4.76 ran for the purpose on a OEM commuter vehicles. Vehicles would have to possess pre-fuel OEM equipped apparatus, However, 05 molds w/ manual transmissions would still need to run with their stock ECM but can implement the use of additional sub system enhancements propagating the fields up to 39 percent of the duration capacities of the unit’s potential. Other add ons will be allowed as long as they ERI the intent of the stock units particulate penetration but can subject to disqualification if any transmutes are discovered. Vehicles altered to mechanically increase volumetric’s would be inspected for other Nitrate mixed in the fuel cells but only if introduced after the injection pump. Electronic pumps would be allowed to use additives only if the pumps flow capabilities match the raw cam lift but not to exceed the geometry of value train ratio for the intent of fuel economy.
Darn! I sure have missed this kind of post. It's good to see you back Bill!

Paul

Old 08-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #46
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
Darn! I sure have missed this kind of post. It's good to see you back Bill!

Paul
Dang right... I'll give the first person to decipher it a dollar
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 08-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #47
paulb

Name: paulb
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux38
Dang right... I'll give the first person to decipher it a dollar
Bill said:

Can I have my buck now?

Paul

Old 08-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #48
MADDOG

Name: MADDOG
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Do you want to discuss how each of us obtains the parts for our programs?

I can entertain this discussion, if you wish........

And there's no dreaming going on at Vanishing Point, only reality. Sure when one is paying the bills out of his own pocket things like this take time.

Perhaps you could shed some light on your way of aquiring parts??

Hey your welcome on the thank you.
Since you seem like you already think you know why don't share your knowledge with all of us.

And my post about the cheerleader was out of line and I am sorry.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #49
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottin Rhonda
Well, Darrin's Fletcher-built 12v put down 810hp on #2 only on a dynojet!! Awesome truck! I came in a close second by a margin of only 134horses (at 676). He beat me like a redheaded stepchild. My previous best on that dyno was 629...
I don't feel too bad, as I came in above more than 20 trucks in our class, and out of the whole event only one truck running big drugs beat us, passing Darrin by 7hp.
At the track Darrin and Fletcher were the two quickest trucks; Fletcher was fastest at 10.10's (got the trophy for best ET), and both trucks lost traction on shifts all the way down. I'm sure there will be video and pics soon.
Great event as usual with 55 trucks dynoing. Lots of Duramaxes at the track; those things take off pretty quick, with very little smoke.

RR, please did anyone get vids of the passes? and vids of the dyno session?

And what was that mph on the 10.10 pass? Someone antie up already!

Old 08-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #50
MR4WLR

Name: MR4WLR
Title: Just for the fun of it
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
RR, please did anyone get vids of the passes? and vids of the dyno session?

And what was that mph on the 10.10 pass? Someone antie up already!
not the vid of Fletcher but there's some vid and pics in this thread

'04 Patriot Blue SRW 3500 QC 4X4 Laramie, 6spd, HO, Edge EZ, TST PowerMAXCR, Smarty, SPS 66, Rip's 4", AFE PG7 W/torque tube, F.A.S.S. 150, 4" Superlift, Ride Rite's w/onboard air, Line-X. Torklift camper tie downs, fuel vent mod, Buckstop/Warn 12,000 lb, MTL w/prolong in trans, Haisley DD. 68K and counting
Hauls Lance "Lite" 1025 @4klbs
513 HP 1043 TQ Fast Specialties DDD 4-15-2006 TST-EZ stack
Quickest 1/4 mile ET 13.949 @ 96 MPH @ PIR truck wieght 8400lbs

Wifes truck '98 Intense Blue 12V QC LB 4X4 Auto
NWDiesels.com
NHRDA

Old 08-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #51
Bobo

Name: Bobo
Member`s Gallery
How did the dmax's do?

Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #52
K5KRAZIE

Name: K5KRAZIE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
How did the dmax's do?
From what I saw the dmaxs were awesome. None under 500HP and almost all in the 12s.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:31 PM   #53
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
......I wonder how many had "new" rods or if they were just trying to make their OEMs shorter?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #54
Rottin Rhonda

Name: Rottin Rhonda
Title: Entrepreneur
Member`s Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher
I suggest that we pool our money , hirer a portable dyno and have a mid September dyno shoot in Tukwila.

The rules would be simple;

Any trucks that have additional body molding would be subjective to a sea van X-ray or visually inspected. Vehicles 02-06 would be limited to but not exceeding 388 ci, Vehicles with an inducer wheels 3.45 or smaller on a 04 to 06 …A 2.75 stacked w/ an additional chargers would be acceptable only if they did not exceed a total combine measurement of a gross 876mm and set under a singular 4.76 ran for the purpose on a OEM commuter vehicles. Vehicles would have to possess pre-fuel OEM equipped apparatus, However, 05 molds w/ manual transmissions would still need to run with their stock ECM but can implement the use of additional sub system enhancements propagating the fields up to 39 percent of the duration capacities of the unit’s potential. Other add ons will be allowed as long as they ERI the intent of the stock units particulate penetration but can subject to disqualification if any transmutes are discovered. Vehicles altered to mechanically increase volumetric’s would be inspected for other Nitrate mixed in the fuel cells but only if introduced after the injection pump. Electronic pumps would be allowed to use additives only if the pumps flow capabilities match the raw cam lift but not to exceed the geometry of value train ratio for the intent of fuel economy.
ROFLMAO!! Thanks Fletch.
On the other hand...
It saddens me how much of the fun has gone out of this hobby. People's egos and disrespect for each other are permeating every single performance event and web site that exists around diesels. It has gotten to the point that I cringe at the thought of attending diesel events because of the severe lack of sportsmanship. This seems to be driven from jealousy; I can't see any other reason for it.
My friends have been hosting Diesel Thunder since I've been in the sport, and it's been my favorite because of the simple friendship of it, regardless of win or lose. Jason busts his ass to help get people ready and keep the event running well. Categories are made, we run knowing the rules, and make some friends along the way. I started this thread because I respect Fletcher. He's a good guy who is extremely talented and knowledgeable about diesel engines, and that's just a simple fact.
Those who don't like me don't care what I have to say, and I won't lose any sleep over not being friends with you. If you want to beat me on the dyno or the track, have at it. It is possible, just not easy. I'll just ask two things: have a conversation with me so you'll know who you're publicly disrespecting and antagonizing, and don't turn what I write here into your personal agendas.
Fletcher (engine)
DTT (billet race trans)
PDR (twins, head, misc)
Industrial Injection (DragonFlow injectors)
NWCustom
Eaton Corporation
Randy's Ring and Pinion
Automotive Racing Products
Applied Rotor Technology
Mickey Thompson

Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 PM   #55
Rottin Rhonda

Name: Rottin Rhonda
Title: Entrepreneur
Member`s Gallery
Oh, and the Chevies were definitely impressive. I'd like to know what their 60' times were...
Fletcher (engine)
DTT (billet race trans)
PDR (twins, head, misc)
Industrial Injection (DragonFlow injectors)
NWCustom
Eaton Corporation
Randy's Ring and Pinion
Automotive Racing Products
Applied Rotor Technology
Mickey Thompson

Old 08-31-2006, 12:05 AM   #56
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
Good post Rhonda, good post.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 AM   #57
BONDO

Name: BONDO
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
EGO, JELOUSY,DISRESPECT,SPORTSMANSHIP,FRIENDSHIP. Reminds me of when my dad told me to never drink beer, while spilling his on me during the conversation.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:05 AM   #58
K5KRAZIE

Name: K5KRAZIE
Member`s Gallery
I'm not sure what to say I've never met Rhonda, Flecher, or Darin personally. Though I will say I did see your truck Rhonda at Pacific raceways on a test and tune nite once but when I went to go met you you had left already. I think the fun is alive and kicking in the sport. You guys use "diesel only", your trucks make power my hats off to you. I have decided a different route is the way I'll follow, we will see how it turnes out. Ribbing, testoserone, competitiveness, just joking around call it what you want I think its healthy for the sport. Maybe just not having emotions here on the board make my sence of things come off as jelous/arrogant but I assure you I'm having nothing but fun.
I'm not sure what "big drugs" would entail but as I said I never have met you so not having a conversation with you how would you know what I was useing to make power? I took that as a rib so I ribbed back, all in fun? Being my first real year in the "sport" I'm still getting a feel for everything/one. The people I really don't have a problem with I do feel theres some cliques which I have never liked and always crossed lines but overall its been a blast. Catagories at Diesel thunder I asked questions and just assumed that the trucks would be in different catagories than they were, but it wasn't my event and I have absoultly no problems with where trucks fell in the end. As I was there to have fun first and foremost. I did want to checkout your ride but always seemed to get over to it when you wern't around. When I went to look at Darins truck I think I got to talk with him but I'm not sure, it was cool just to get some of the specs of that rig and see it up close. Every truck has its own history as do the people and I like to know all about it. Trucks and people seem to have their own cheering sections, I see nothing wrong with that either. Being a "newbee" I'm still unbiased, I take everything in and analize it to make my own conclusions. I like the competitiveness and will not apoligize for that. As people call eachother out, I say don't cringe or think someone is disrespecting you meet the challange head on and follow the curve don't get left behind......

Old 08-31-2006, 08:07 AM   #59
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR4WLR

Nice pics! Looks like a great time was had!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:41 AM   #60
Fletcher

Name: Fletcher
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
that was nice!!!!

Thanks RR,

Ya know, people are always coming up to me in the pits or dyno events making smart ass comments. My religious conviction has prevented me from stooping to those levels. However, when I converse w/ someone that exhibits a sharp tongue facieses attitude, I try to proved my listening skills hoping that my participants will eventually allow them to reveal those past situations affecting their behavior. I always hope of extinguishing dismantle barriers and capturing the opportunity to help them focus on that fresh start……

I’ve learned that people, no matter what side of the tracks they’re from,
search for acceptance and quality attention. If we could just pull down that curtain and express our gratitude to each other the cohesion would immensely enhance.

Here’s my personal commitment to improving the diesel enthusiasts relationships...The next time I’m at the track, I’m going to buy a cup of hot chocolate for everyone who talks to me…..

Closed Thread