Intermittent Airdog 150

I should have added you keep your constant 12 volt on one side of the relay and then bring your 12 volt key on into the other side where the OEM fuel connector plugged in

Right, so as not to splice into the connector that comes from the ECM, just make another connector with key on 12v? Correct?

vajuzuve.jpg
my way to the shop lol

it comes down to Amps more than Volts. you can have 12v and not enough Amps to trigger the relay. I have the same issue with mine. My solution was to wire in a normally closed, momentary open push button switch. readily available at most Radio Shacks

it comes down to Amps more than Volts. you can have 12v and not enough Amps to trigger the relay. I have the same issue with mine. My solution was to wire in a normally closed, momentary open push button switch. readily available at most Radio Shacks

So your saying if you hit the switch it opens the relay and will stay open?

it momentary shuts off the signal from the ECM to the relay which builds enough amps to trigger the fuel pump relay.
I am also assuming that yours is wired like mine. I have the ECM wiring that used to run the factory pump running to the signal/switch side of my relay and a heavier gauge wire from the battery though the relay to my pump

it momentary shuts off the signal from the ECM to the relay which builds enough amps to trigger the fuel pump relay.
I am also assuming that yours is wired like mine. I have the ECM wiring that used to run the factory pump running to the signal/switch side of my relay and a heavier gauge wire from the battery though the relay to my pump

Yeah that's how it's wired, so the ecm just can't provide enough amps one the spot any longer?

The ECM supplies the actual voltage for the pump (hot side) rather than the ground which is more normal. They just decide they don't like life anymore and die. Same thing happened to my truck, already had a keyed hot wire tapped under the hood so 10 minutes later I was back going.

Back