Cam removal/install

Do I do this with the head torqued down or just loosly set on? Seems like in the Hamilton cam video they have very light springs on there?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The light spring are nice you can roll the motor around at tdc on overlap and push the valve open to check clearance this is how i do it. Remember that ptv gets closest right before and right after tdc. I like to be close to equal overlap if possible that should give you the most clearance and minimal reversion of exhaust gases.

the head should be torqued the gasket must be crushed to be accurate you can use an old gasket if you think you will need to have the head off again.

So I measured the copper head gasket that was in the motor this cam came out of and it was 0.100" total thickness. The old stock head gasket out of my stock motor measure 0.065" (sound correct?) Leads me to believe ptvc was an issue.

My piston protrusion on #1 is 0.028". Couple that with 0.041" valve face depth, I don't think this cam will "drop in" with appropriate ptvc.

I'm thinking about getting my stock cam polished and selling the high lift Enterprise cam to somebody who wants/needs an aggressive cam.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've got .036 protrusion with .050 valve depth, I'm running a colt stage three on a .020 over Cummins head gasket, should be .081 thick.
You've got more lift but not as much duration so you shouldn't have a problem, but I'd do a ptv check using the old gasket, if it's a little close get a .010 over head gasket.

That cam has a small duration at .020" i think it should fit you may just need to move it a bit with an offset key or even a tooth. Its your call but i think you would be crazy to run a stock cam over that. If u want to sell it pm me with a price. that cam should work great on around a 100 degree intake center. It would be a sweat set up with over sized tappets 60# springs ti retainers and custom pushrods. You would also want to watch coil bind on the exhaust as that much lift will be getting close with 60# springs

Back