APPS, ECM, or what?

fahtb0y

Last week when the temperature finally got down into the fifties my truck started up fine in the morning then sputtered quote a bit before dying a quarter mile down the road. I am in Yuma, AZ right now and recently moved here from Virginia. Ever since, the problem comes about in the cool mornings(70 and below) but in VA I had no problem starting in 27 deg without using the block heater over night. Since last week I have resorted to using starter fluid when it gets real bad, and it pains me every time to do that to my baby. When it's really bad I can't hear the LP priming when ignition is turned to the on position. Each day I try something new hoping it's not the injection pump or APPS. Fuel and trans relays replaced, batt terminals cleaned, electrical connections cleaned and dielectric grease applied (APPS, lift pump, and under hood fuse box relay ports). Every day after an attempt I read the codes. The first day it was p0122, 0743, 1693, and 1694. After the relays on the first day of repair I keep tripping 0743 and 1693 despite erasing them after each reading and going for test drive. If any of you have any idea what it might be please chime in. I hate electrical gremlins most and wished I had learned how to properly diagnose and use a multimeter when I was younger. Very desperate as I need the truck for work daily and I'm scared i might be wearing on the IP.

Well according to that code that still appears the torque converter switch is going out. Is it possible that the converter isn't unlocking and it pulls the truck down at a complete stop? Does it die in neutral and park as well? I don't think its the APPS cause that would be no or inconsistant throttle. May be pump or ECM though.

Back