converteing to filters

ramtough01

i have a 95gph lift pump on my dodge and kinda thinking about changing it over the the filter style pump can i just buy the filters and such and still use the pump? and also were can i get a new metal inline filter that they send with it

i have a 95gph lift pump on my dodge and kinda thinking about changing it over the the filter style pump can i just buy the filters and such and still use the pump? and also were can i get a new metal inline filter that they send with it

NAPA 3270 is the inline strainer part number

As far as updating to the FASS from a HPFP, we can do it....but i can tell you after pricing everything out to do a conversion, it was more cost effective to:

1. Buy the FASS
2. Use what you need out of the kit to install the pump
3. Sell the HPFP with the left over new items from the FASS install

ALSO....we are looking at making a divorced air separation chamber/filter head to install with HPFP's sometime this year. Basically going to be half a FASS more or less.

17 at idle 12 or so WOT is that about normal? if it gets lower then 12 i change my fuel filter

Well.....you are fine in that range. BUT i see you have an Edge JWAM. These have been known (Allong with other electric gauges) to read low under load. I might suggest checking your gauge with a known working mechanical to see if it actually is dropping that low.

Also if you havent done so, i would look into a fuel pressure snubber from Auto Meter.....

Well.....you are fine in that range. BUT i see you have an Edge JWAM. These have been known (Allong with other electric gauges) to read low under load. I might suggest checking your gauge with a known working mechanical to see if it actually is dropping that low.

Also if you havent done so, i would look into a fuel pressure snubber from Auto Meter.....

ah...12 is a little low.

Ive always thought the smaller the GPH, the more PSI. example, 100gph Raptor pump 65-70psi. 150GPH pump, 45psi. Of coarse you get larger volume out of the 150gph pump.

I bought a 150GPH pump, and went to my local filter store and picked up a 10 micron filter and base kit, with 1 inch inlet and outlets. 47 bucks, made buy baldwin.

I am more than confortable running my truck at said pressure (12-14 PSI) every day with never an issue. 12 PIS will not hurt anything. NOW why is it dropping...that is the question here....

A 95 GPH pump can push more pressure than a 150 GPH pump. This is due to you load a motor by 3 things:

Volume, Fuel Viscosity, and Pressure.

We can assume that the fuel is diesel so the viscosity is a constant in this situation.

Say you have 10 amps of use out of the motor. You start with high volume...you are going to eat up quite a bit of thoes amps with that. SO you only have a little left to use up for pressure.

NOW you reduce volume, you start off with less of a load....so you can run higher pressures before you reach the 10 amp mark.

BUT you can set pressure with in the range of the pump with just a spring. Volume has nothing to do with that aspect. But excessive volume is key to maintaining pressure. If you put more fuel to the injeciton pump than it can use, your pressure will not drop.

BUT outside elemenets can play into this as well. Restriction, both before and after the pump, gauge error, and regulator malfunction.

Im just running down the list to see if our gauge is now telling the truth. Which i have seen many lie in my 2.5 year i have been doing this for FASS. Once we have confirmed the gauge......we can move on to other things.....

It may not hurt anything...except power IMO

I run a 150gph, 45psi at idle, and drops to 20psi at WOT, always thought it was normal...

yours is a 12 valve a ppump needs that much psi i have a 24 valve but i will hook a mech gauge once and see what it does

It may not hurt anything...except power IMO

I run a 150gph, 45psi at idle, and drops to 20psi at WOT, always thought it was normal...

You might check your overflow valve at the return line at the P-Pump....i have seen these causee issues like you are seeing too. They bleed fuel back to the tank to quickly and allow fuel pressure drops under load...

Back