Truckers, lets see your rigs!

This the new 2020 Volvo?
85ab7ba984fac65335ee2c4b1422f284.jpg

Have any of you guys ever done a day cab conversion on a 2000 vintage KW aero cab? How involved is the project?

What is the market like for a full areodyne bunk? What is the bunk worth (full leather VIT interior, clean)?

Have any of you guys ever done a day cab conversion on a 2000 vintage KW aero cab? How involved is the project?

What is the market like for a full areodyne bunk? What is the bunk worth (full leather VIT interior, clean)?

Not an awesome job, when you remove the sleeper the cab will flip forward and make you pee a little. Cab mounts on sleeper cab are under the doors where daycab is ahead. Local shop has done a few and said the sleeper isn’t easy to get off. Also advised not to buy the discount ones online. Order from dealer because they come ready to paint, the aftermarket took a lot of sanding and filling to get to look good. The savings wasn’t there unless you work for free. I think the conversion kit was like $8,000 and most sleepers have no value unless it’s the small 36”. Haven’t tried to sell a KW sleeper but a 72” Ultra Pete sleeper is maybe worth $1k where the small one I got $9k out of.

I would.

This is similar to the kit the shop here used. Fiberglass Kenworth Aero Cab Extended Day Cab Conversion Kit - Raney's Truck Parts

Customer bought it and brought it to them to swap. The next one they did they got the kit from Kenworth and it was 100% better. Paint and bolt on, cost wasn’t any different in the end because of all the labor and extra parts the cheap one required but the quality was much better.

Especially that one as you have to but the cab structure.

I would.

This is similar to the kit the shop here used. Fiberglass Kenworth Aero Cab Extended Day Cab Conversion Kit - Raney's Truck Parts

Customer bought it and brought it to them to swap. The next one they did they got the kit from Kenworth and it was 100% better. Paint and bolt on, cost wasn’t any different in the end because of all the labor and extra parts the cheap one required but the quality was much better.

Thanks guys. Just throwing ideas around with the future of the W900L my dad has just sitting in the shop.

Looking to potentially sell or put to work. Not real sure. I don’t care for the big bunk if we were to put it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Just throwing ideas around with the future of the W900L my dad has just sitting in the shop.

Looking to potentially sell or put to work. Not real sure. I don’t care for the big bunk if we were to put it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is nothing special about the truck it would probably be cheaper to just sell it and get what you want.

I would.

Your not using proper trucker math though

Your not using proper trucker math though

Got 2 9900i’s here now. One with M11 he wants overhauled that’s going to cost as much as the truck is worth. Another is on its 3rd ISX, first one exploded, this one has a worn top bore and the liner is moving so he brings another junkyard block, absolutely nothing special about this truck. Could get 100 exactly like it off truckpaper but he keeps dumping money in in this one. Most truckers are definitely not accountants.

Got 2 9900i’s here now. One with M11 he wants overhauled that’s going to cost as much as the truck is worth. Another is on its 3rd ISX, first one exploded, this one has a worn top bore and the liner is moving so he brings another junkyard block, absolutely nothing special about this truck. Could get 100 exactly like it off truckpaper but he keeps dumping money in in this one. Most truckers are definitely not accountants.
It's a 9900 thing. I have an idiot from Chicago that wanted to go trucking. Has spent upwards of 50k on a 7k Canadian truck. He decided the fuel lines were sucking air so he rtv'd the fittings together. The power lead to the ECM rotted off of it and he said the vibration we caused was behind it. The vibration was the arm on the load leveling valve broken in half.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's a 9900 thing. I have an idiot from Chicago that wanted to go trucking. Has spent upwards of 50k on a 7k Canadian truck. He decided the fuel lines were sucking air so he rtv'd the fittings together. The power lead to the ECM rotted off of it and he said the vibration we caused was behind it. The vibration was the arm on the load leveling valve broken in half.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a friend that has replaced a perfectly good 18spd because of a bad leveling valve chasing a vibration. He also did a head gasket because his bad radiator cap was pushing coolant.

I’m not saying you should scrap your truck when things go bad but if your repair is $20k and after it’s done you have an $8000 truck you need a new calculator. They’re the first guys to make fun of the kid putting $4000 wheels on a $1500 truck and it’s the same chit.

Back