Happy ELD day!

allan5oh

It's like Christmas but a week early! Here's what happens if you don't have one:

- No 10 hour OOS until April 1
- Fines are at the discretion of the officer and probably vary state to state
- You WILL get a violation
- The violation carries a 0 severity weight so it will not affect scores
- However the FMCSA will keep track of these special violations and certainly will visit carriers that seem to have issues
- Also if you read the inspection report the carrier is supposed to sign it and return it within 15 days. The signature certifies the defect has been addressed. I wonder what will happen if it hasn't?

ELD citations, fines begin Dec. 18, but inspectors wont enforce OOS criteria until April | Overdrive - Owner Operators Trucking Magazine

“After Dec. 18, 2017, if you don’t have an AOBRD or ELD the violation will be cited, and a driver could be fined, but they won’t be put out of service. Companies that continually violate the rule could be subject to federal investigation as well,” says FMCSA spokesperson Duane DeBruyne.

1) it was polluting the other thread

2) So the consequences of non compliance stay at the top. Too much channel 19 bull**** trucker rumors. Some even think you can run paper until April 1.

Is there an option to have a DOT jackwagon to sit shotgun with a clipboard instead of a computer? Maybe you can go that route and talk to him about this instead of the people here who are tired of listening to it.

Is there an option to have a DOT jackwagon to sit shotgun with a clipboard instead of a computer? Maybe you can go that route and talk to him about this instead of the people here who are tired of listening to it.

Give him a break. He’s Canadian, they use the metric system and have never been to the moon.

Not that it's relevant, but NASA used empirical measurement when they face-planted a rover into the surface of Mars back in the 90's

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

And we have a winner!
df727c2fd09c76324201289cc9e2b346.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I got DOT’d on the 12th. Had 3 separate loads on the trailer and paper logs and passed with flying colors. Oh that’s right I’m exempt from the stupidity.

I did stop in Ottawa Lake MI today for McDonalds and I parked beside one of Allan’s fellow super truckers with his electronic leash. He was waiting for the OK from big brother so he could leave his spot. Then he took off like a bat out of hell grabbing gears across the lot to make up for lost time. Probably going 10mi down the road to sit at a shipper and watch his clock burn down again.

Back