Baca BOOM!

I seen some pictures and shawn and another guy in the truck they both had some minor burns to there arms but other then that ok. Still crazy

Yup
9e01d989c36b8c3e778503c71c4c5f46.jpg

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

What was the actual failure.
Kind of looks like it spit the block along the cam bore.

Almost be hard to diagnose after that, even the trans looked to explode.

Did the trans break and unload?

That's what I was wondering...if the failure was actually the trans, and the engine dismemberment a byproduct of rpm...

So...not that inovation and progress is cool, but what is the point? Push things more and more to point of this kind of failure, why? How much money was lost in this video? And i know, money likely isnt of much importance consodering. But what would be the benifit of 3k hp i suppose is what im asking? We have already shown that the chasis and trans wont handle it one the track. So, other than nut swinging (which i can understand as well) what is the point? Ive never truely understood the dyno racing, but i dont have to. Im simply curious as to...why?

The dyno drove the drive train for a very long time after it popped. Hamilton made a post showing the stress around the cam bore. I think that's probably a commonality across all head-over-cam engines.

Last edited:
So...not that inovation and progress is cool, but what is the point? Push things more and more to point of this kind of failure, why? How much money was lost in this video? And i know, money likely isnt of much importance consodering. But what would be the benifit of 3k hp i suppose is what im asking? We have already shown that the chasis and trans wont handle it one the track. So, other than nut swinging (which i can understand as well) what is the point? Ive never truely understood the dyno racing, but i dont have to. Im simply curious as to...why?
They are in business, and just got more publicity than money could afford them. You're getting old.

I am getting old. True there. I do get it. But still wonder. Being poor and watching thag kind of money go bye bye is hard to watch.

They are in business, and just got more publicity than money could afford them. You're getting old.

Exactly. Some people like to push the envelope way farther than the average person would find sane and it’s a hoot to watch.

Have to agree, and 3000+ has been done for a while. The SS 4x4 pullers have easily ran above that on engine dyno’s. They mostly got smart enough to back it down and dump the stock blocks. But it’s great for advertising.

Have to agree, and 3000+ has been done for a while. The SS 4x4 pullers have easily ran above that on engine dyno’s. They mostly got smart enough to back it down and dump the stock blocks. But it’s great for advertising.

Seriously, 3000 HP is common for B-series? I was under the impression over here that 2000 HP was still like stupid high.

How many teams are running in the 3000 HP range?

I know who these guys are now. Wouldn't have known unless they exploded a block.

What is the trans they are running exactly? I thought they were running a lenco unit at one point and had trouble with it?

Seriously, 3000 HP is common for B-series? I was under the impression over here that 2000 HP was still like stupid high.

I know who these guys are now. Wouldn't have known unless they exploded a block.

Essentially almost all the SSD 4x4 class.

They are over the level at the crank, and could probably add 6-700hp from where they have them running reliably.

They don’t have a need to try and see what they do at the tires because it’s pointless for them.

The billet D&J engine in Firepunk's S10 did about 3200hp on the engine dyno. Videos on YouTube. The sad, and or pathetic, part is there are a bunch of guys running huge power reliably in real competition, and these clowns can't even do it on just the dyno. This bonehead is long established as the most painfully slow 2k+ hp truck in existence. Cool pictures, but once again the king of ineptitude has shown his presence.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shane was over 3200 4yrs ago just playing on engine dyno at the beginning of the season and he’s one of the few still running 391 cu in. He said every 3* of timing was +200hp, of course none of them run that high because power is rarely what wins and they can run a season or two and never pull the head. The guys running on kill just like to work on stuff.

Back