DPC19

I heard from a friend of mine that the old Diesel Power Challenge is going on this week. is it just me or does the UCC over-shadow the once popular event, taking away the excitement and general enthusiast attention?

When less than 1200rwhp (albeit uncorrected at elev. at ATS) wins the dyno competition, it's clearly a whole different ballgame from the UCC competition.

Sounds like a couple guys from DuramaxDiesels.com have done pretty well - one taking the top spot on the dyno. Congrats to those fellas. Hopefully they can continue that today in the drag racing and trailer tow portions of the competition.

When less than 1200rwhp (albeit uncorrected at elev. at ATS) wins the dyno competition, it's clearly a whole different ballgame from the UCC competition.

Sounds like a couple guys from DuramaxDiesels.com have done pretty well - one taking the top spot on the dyno. Congrats to those fellas. Hopefully they can continue that today in the drag racing and trailer tow portions of the competition.

Same guy/truck (Richard in a duramax truck) that won the dyno competition also won the trailer tow competition with a 10.7 sec ET. Solid performer so far. :st:

Does anyone still read diesel power .. aka California emissions mag and lift kits

Once the tech articles went to chit and Jason Sands left, I stopped subscribing.

Last time I looked at a Diesel Power mag at the grocery store, it looked like a better printed UCC program...

Same guy/truck (Richard in a duramax truck) that won the dyno competition also won the trailer tow competition with a 10.7 sec ET. Solid performer so far. :st:

Richard has gotten 1st in every event so far accept Fuel Mileage. I think the only event left is the Sled Pull today. :rockwoot:

All I know is not a single person since Chris from like 2007 has brought a 12 valve worth watching, was hopeful for the kuntz bros but again, another mechanical truck that underperforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also

STOP BUILDING A TRUCK FOR THE EVENT BRING SOMETHING THAT ALREADY MAKES 1000hp

Main reason mechanical trucks have never done anything special since chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's only two hours from Granby Truck Shop. I bet if you twisted some arms, you could see a mechanical truck perform. ;-)

Once the tech articles went to chit and Jason Sands left, I stopped subscribing.

Last time I looked at a Diesel Power mag at the grocery store, it looked like a better printed UCC program...

Thanks man! :Cheer: glad to know I made a difference. I still write for Diesel Power and World, but don't do as many tech articles as I should.

It's easy to get jaded, but it's not like a tuner will get you 1,000rwhp, these trucks are still pretty cool.

Thanks man! :Cheer: glad to know I made a difference. I still write for Diesel Power and World, but don't do as many tech articles as I should.

It's easy to get jaded, but it's not like a tuner will get you 1,000rwhp, these trucks are still pretty cool.

I miss reading yours and David Kennedy articles y'all could really grab my attention and keep it for hours just reading diesel power mag back when y'all did the articles :Cheer:

I miss reading yours and David Kennedy articles y'all could really grab my attention and keep it for hours just reading diesel power mag back when y'all did the articles :Cheer:

Kennedy was definitely one of the smarter people I've met, even if he didn't approve of my "big hammer" approach at times (-4 line, no jet) he works for the NHRA now for those who are wondering.....

Back