Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Dboy11

Name: Dboy11
Title: Resident Closet Gay
Member`s Gallery
Running rough and shaking

So i just did the egr delete on the truck, which made a world of a difference. The issue now, which they never seem to stop, is the truck will shake and run rough intermittenly. It does it only once the motor is warm and does it only at idle. It will start to shake and the motor will run rough for a few seconds then stop. It sounds like its getting bogged down or something. Anyone had this same issue? By the way, I am also running erics performance tune as of late. Im sort of at a loss with this truck. Its been a great truck but there always seems to be something going. Im almost done with this thing. I need some people to convince me to keep the 6.0

Old 02-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
Bad Moose

Name: Bad Moose
Title: Just a pain in the arse
Member`s Gallery
Check your connections again. Sounds like you have a loose one. You just eliminated a big headache. Be patient it will come around and be a solid truck again.
Airraid filter
Edge Evolution for gauges
EGR went bye bye

Old 02-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
So just go back and double check everything that i took apart. I can do that. What other mods should I look into for reliability? The only big one I have done so far is that egr delete. I wish I had the time to wrench on it more but I dont, and for that reason it has stayed relatively stock. Well i guess i will start with that. Any other suggestions?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
I did dump some diesel kleen/ cetane booster in it and it seemed to help some but its still there, intermittenly as always

Old 02-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
Bump for some more info

Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
strokin6L

Name: strokin6L
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
did it do this before you did the egr delete or did it start after you did it? If it started after you did the egr delete...that would make me think that there is an injector plug that isn't plugged into the injector harness right.
2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4, SCT, 5" stacks, AFE, LIPD regulated return fuel system, hypermax fire rings, ARP's, water injection, CFM+ large mouth, Casserly 190's, spearco, fluidampr, FASS 150/95 and fuelab pump, Modded FICM(ID), TP 64mm turbo(polished compressor housing)

Old 02-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
It was running really rough before the egr delete. Then right after I put the kit on it was running the best it ever had for about 2 weeks. Now in those 2 weeks i have put about 2.5K on the truck. Then yesterday it started doing it all over again, but not nearly as bad as before the egr delete was done.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
jwfrauts

Name: jwfrauts
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Mine does the same thing. Ford said when it idles rough that all 8 injectors are misfiring and they could not find the problem after 3 weeks in the shop. My check engine light is coming on now saying multiple cylinder misfire. Like you said, it don't do it all of the time and only does it when it is idling.
2006 F250 2wd on 22" wheels, Lowered 3" in front and 4" in back using DJM Dream beams and hangers, SCT w/extreme race tune, AFE stage 2 air filter, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, studs, egr blocked off, intake elbow, Precision Industries torque converter, Shift kit

Old 02-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
well that actually helps alot jw!! So do you think there is a way to fix this, I am really thinking hard about selling this thing right now. So we must have something that is pretty impressively wrong for the manufacturer of the vehicle to not be able to fix

Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
strokin6L

Member`s Gallery
maybe the FICM is gettin bad
2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4, SCT, 5" stacks, AFE, LIPD regulated return fuel system, hypermax fire rings, ARP's, water injection, CFM+ large mouth, Casserly 190's, spearco, fluidampr, FASS 150/95 and fuelab pump, Modded FICM(ID), TP 64mm turbo(polished compressor housing)

Old 02-17-2010, 06:20 AM   #11
jwfrauts

Member`s Gallery
It wasn't the FICM because I tried two different ones and two different ecms. I make the last payment next month so I really don't want to get rid of it. I just want to know what's wrong with it.
2006 F250 2wd on 22" wheels, Lowered 3" in front and 4" in back using DJM Dream beams and hangers, SCT w/extreme race tune, AFE stage 2 air filter, 4" Magnaflow exhaust, studs, egr blocked off, intake elbow, Precision Industries torque converter, Shift kit

Old 02-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #12
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
So i was going to try a new one, but I guess that lets that idea out.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
strokin6L

Member`s Gallery
when was the last time the fuel filters were changed? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
I change my fuel and oil every 5k. It is now time to change them. No I do not have a fuel pressure gauge. I need to get a new tranny temp gauge so I guess ill order one of those to.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
jwfrauts

Member`s Gallery
I have changed my oil and fuel filters. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge and I need to get one.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #16
OutlawSmoke

Name: OutlawSmoke
Title: Go Big or Go Home!
Member`s Gallery
Had the same exact problem with my 6.0. Ran great when it was running, but at idle, it would spit and sputter like it was "cammed up". My guy put a Fuel Pressure Sensor in the back of the "Valley" behind the turbo. I bought the part from Ford for...I think like $150.00, would have to go and look to be sure. That cleared mine up. Very simple part. Also, I gave up on FORD techs (at least at any dealership in my area within 150 miles) a long time ago. Hope this might help.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:28 AM   #17
azkcr

Name: azkcr
Member`s Gallery
Subscribed.. Similar issues looking for an answer..
Does it run similar to this?? (You have to wait until like :45)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFE8UDo3XE4

Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
Dboy11

Member`s Gallery
No its not anywhere near that bad. Its just a little bit rough and you can feel a slight vibration in the truck. Like i said, its only an intermittent issue. And mine runs fine when its cold. It only does this weird idle thing when its warm.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #19
weazel

Name: weazel
Title: 5th gear killer
Member`s Gallery
same with mine. could it be injectors going bad? the only other thing i could think it would be is maybe a burnt piston? i dunno, just throwing some thoughts out there,

Old 02-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #20
OutlawSmoke

Name: OutlawSmoke
Title: Go Big or Go Home!
Member`s Gallery
I still want to hang on the to the FICM module.....same exact problem from what you are describing....very intermittent...ran the truck that way for several months....might want to check the electrical connection on it too...you can reach back the valley of the motor and wiggle the connection....had some guys tell me that that connector can go bad as well.

Closed Thread