Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Industrial Injection
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #21
TopFueler

Name: TopFueler
Title: Industrial Injection
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
alright bud..thanks.

i have a bd intake horn and a large oled type filter. no intake leaks..i check them with the boost leak detector i built. i also have a 4''downpipe with a straight thru donaldson about 5 ft long.
yeah im good if i kick the od off. once the rpms go up its good. so i guess im gonna live ith it cuz i like the way it runs when its empty. and i tow a heavy dump trlr ith it also ..grossin bout 25 k....it works good for that so im gonna just deal with it....

thanks brady

gary
We have a guy that runs that exact turbo for towing a five place car trailer. He tows cars and trucks between Idaho and Southern California. He rips that trailer down the road at 85mph all the time. He has had other transport guys that does exactly what he does towing cars and trucks pull him over when they can finally catch him and ask him how in the he!! did he pull so fast and even over steep mtn's. I understand that your truck may be different from his but that turbo will tow well. If you want to talk to him I can get you his phone# for you. That turbine wheel is more agressive not less agressive than the smaller wheels you have refered to. If you tow slow in overdrive then a smaller turbine wheel may be better. Smaller turbos make less hp. All you need to do is let it run. Thanks, Brady

Old 05-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #22
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
yeah man im kickin it out of od when it starts gittin hot...no biggie.
i forgot to mention i have a hrvp on it also...another awesome iis product...good stuff fom these guys!
did i mention that it smokes like an old locomotive...hard thick black smoke

ive even got 4.10 gears on 35's..

overall i like it..just seemed a little hot too me so i asked..its liveable...altho id rather not see 1400..id like 1250 better..thanks man

gary

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #23
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Brady and his Sons at Industrial Injection take great pains to make the best parts possible, and these Chinese’s turbo’s are a travesty. I saw then on that site , and this guy is advertising only one warrantee replacement , kind of tells you something

Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
TopFueler

Member`s Gallery
We believe in going quality first. Borg Warner does it right. It's the only way you can make your hp goal and keep it running.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
dodgeman003

Name: dodgeman003
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Just bought a 66SB cant wait to get it on.

THanks to
DRIVELINES PLUS OFF-ROAD

Old 06-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #26
dieselbeef

Member`s Gallery
actually my turbo is really startin to suck fer me..too hot and too smokey..booo

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 06-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #27
firemanram

Name: firemanram
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I've got the silver 62 & absolutely love it. I pull my 5th wheel on the highway like a rag doll!! It was good talking to you Brady at TS again

IAFF Local 706

Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #28
dieselbeef

Member`s Gallery
2nd gen vs 3rd gen is 2 dif animals totally

rip wrongway...

Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #29
TopFueler

Member`s Gallery
Why don't you call us. We will be able to help. Thanks, Brady

Old 06-11-2010, 05:34 AM   #30
dieselbeef

Member`s Gallery
brady thanks for your time man...not often the owner of the comp will call and ask about yer problem and talk about it with ya for over an hr.
turbo is on its way today to you guys for repair and we'll figure out just what i need to do.
the exh wheel damage is no doubt part of the problem but i do understand some of the other things a lot better now having talked to you in depth about it.
thanks man i sure do appreciate yer time and help with this.

gary

rip wrongway...

Old 06-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #31
TopFueler

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
brady thanks for your time man...not often the owner of the comp will call and ask about yer problem and talk about it with ya for over an hr.
turbo is on its way today to you guys for repair and we'll figure out just what i need to do.
the exh wheel damage is no doubt part of the problem but i do understand some of the other things a lot better now having talked to you in depth about it.
thanks man i sure do appreciate yer time and help with this.

gary
Glad to help! I do like helping all I can. We are usually slammed. But customers are important to us. Thanks, Brady

Old 06-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #32
jordanjames81

Name: jordanjames81
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I loved my silver 64 last year. I used it for towing going to the strip then got hooked on sled pulling. Egt wasnt to bad eighter. I ran 45lph injectors with 85% pump in dual feedline with smarty & Mp8.
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 06-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #33
Rob24vCTD

Name: Rob24vCTD
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
What kind of boost should I be seeing out of my bullet? Seems all I get out of it is around 44psi, haven't touched the wastegate or boost elbow, just looking for the prime range for this turbo. Thanks

Old 06-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #34
TopFueler

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob24vCTD View Post
What kind of boost should I be seeing out of my bullet? Seems all I get out of it is around 44psi, haven't touched the wastegate or boost elbow, just looking for the prime range for this turbo. Thanks
When you order one for a 2nd gen. truck, we set the wastegate to 42psi unless you tell us that your engine is head studed and built for more boost pressure. If you are ready for more boost then adjust the wastegate rod shorter by 1-2 turns and then rehook the rod to the lever. This is easier if you apply 35-45 psi regulated air pressure to the boost actuator. Thanks, Brady

Old 07-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #35
dieselbeef

Member`s Gallery
bump fer this since i got my turbo back....
the turbo i sent them i ha for about a yr io bought used. had some issues where the clocking bolts fell apart and damaged the exh wheel and hsg. in for a rebuild i figured..turns out the wheel was bad/hsg was bad/wategate port cracked/ ...basically junked it...all that was good was the comp hsg.
brady called me twice to see what i wanted to do and get input on the truck useage and my concerns. then brandon called and did the same...real cool..spent more time with me than i thought we needed even but i was feeling good

WELL THE FEELING GOT EVEN BETTER WHEN THEY SENT ME A BRAND NEW ONE OF THE NEW DESIGN!! WOOOHOOOO! MAN ITS PRETTY!!! they even shipped it 3 day so i would get it before the 4th weekend!
these guys F'IN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! im not gonna divulge the price but i gotta tell ya i paid more for it used than they charged me to replace mine. if brady wants to spill the $$ thats up to him but man im beyond happy!
put it on last nite and it runs about 200' cooler and much easier to drive around the smoke and egt's.
i hauled home at 24800k gross yesterday of feed and it wasnt spikin into the 1400 range like the old one was. so so far its much better..more towing to come but i like the new one much better

thanks brady..you are the man sir!!

gary

rip wrongway...

Old 07-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #36
snoxracer

Name: snoxracer
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I have always been Very pleased with Brady and their support, products and will to help at no cost. Not to many owners will give you their cell phone number and say call me anytime!

Dustin

Old 07-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #37
dieselbeef

Member`s Gallery
yepper..real cool bunch

rip wrongway...

Closed Thread