Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #441
DieselNutJohn

Name: DieselNutJohn
Title: Diesel NUT
Member`s Gallery
This thread brought this John out of hiding also. The post was CENSORED off the TDR!!! That ticked me off as much as the "mainstream media" censoring out "undesirable" details about B H Obama!!!
So, here I am. I popped my post virginity with this one! Be patient with me, as this is WAY fancier of a site than TDR!
'87 Mercedes 300D
Polaris Sportsman diesel 4x4 ATV
Kubota M9000 4x4 cab tractor
Kubota TG1860D diesel mower
Miller Bobcat diesel welder

Old 12-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #442
John Robinson

Name: John Robinson
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNutJohn View Post
This thread brought this John out of hiding also. The post was CENSORED off the TDR!!! That ticked me off as much as the "mainstream media" censoring out "undesirable" details about B H Obama!!!
So, here I am. I popped my post virginity with this one! Be patient with me, as this is WAY fancier of a site than TDR!
Yup!!! You hit it on the head. This is by far the most Democratic site on the webb.....Go O`mamma.......I mean....... Go O`Bama!!!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #443
TCDiesel

Name: TCDiesel
Title: Home of the Gold Pumps
Member`s Gallery
I have read most of the Posts on this thread (but not all), I cannot count the times that I had produce documents for some type of action with both businesses That I own, T&C the Diesel/Automotive and My Construction company that is 100 time larger than T&C. I put equal time in both on the platform of trying to be successful. I was guilty earlier this year of drafting a letter to the (DLI) DEPT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY IN (MN) that local companies are using subcontractors that are illegally hiring out side the legal arrangement that MN has for hiring subcontractors. This had caused much friction between the local labor force and the (vistors)..after pondering over the document that had been drafted I decided it was not in the best interest of the company and destroy all of its contends.. My guess is the Clint should have been more diligent and destroying that document when the issue was going to be quashed and a gag order enforced once the understanding the damage that may develop was discovered..

Old 12-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #444
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_P View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim:

Good post buddy! I hope you don't mind me "quoting" some from your post, but I saw your comments on me concerning ATS. You were "right on" about my relationship with ATS and this incident is not going to change that from my perspective. You are right Tim, I would "Walk through fire for the guys at ATS!" And I will probably get "flamed" some here for my comments, and if so, that is fine.

I have been doing business with them since 2000-2001 and have had their ATS Transmissions in all four (4) of my trucks since then. I have had a great relationship with Clint Cannon, Ranee, Mike, Eric, Sean, Robert and the entire group during that time. While mistakes may have been made during this incident, it is pretty amazing to me the amount of hatred that has come out from this toward ATS. Especially in the light of the fact of how well they have stepped up with sponsorship etc. for so many of the diesel events
across the U.S. the past few years. But, IMHO, that is the way this country is right now, not only in the diesel performance business, but in world business as well.

Like you, I also want to thank and commend Eric McCabe at ATS for coming in here under hostile circumstances to at least try and answer questions and explain things to the CompD Members. THANKS Eric! You have always treated me with respect and helped me out anytime you could. Hang in there my friend!

---------
John_P

If John Porterfield and the Smiths Stand behind ATS, that says a lot in my book!

As a site owner I have to stay neutral in arguments/discussions of this caliber. ATS has been good for the Diesel Motorsports world for years. Don't let one mistake ruin all of their past accomplishments. Just my

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 12-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #445
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_P View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Chris, Merry Christmas to you and your family Sir! It has been a long time since I talked with you. How is your truck running?

Yeah, this whole darn thing is a mess for sure. But as I said in my post, I have been friends and done business with Clint Cannon, Mike, Sean, Robert, Eric to name a few, for a long time now and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Take care Chris and I hope to see you at some events this coming year.

--------
John_P

Long time no see indeed.

Truck is doing better, thanks to CDS I have a real pump on there, and down to tuning the twins in and fixing a boost leak I discovered. Then it's on to the new truck:

Have a good Christmas John, and we'll see you down the road. Coming to TS again?

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 12-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #446
John_P

Name: John_P
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
Long time no see indeed.

Truck is doing better, thanks to CDS I have a real pump on there, and down to tuning the twins in and fixing a boost leak I discovered. Then it's on to the new truck:

Have a good Christmas John, and we'll see you down the road. Coming to TS again?

Chris
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds good Chris! Keep me posted on the progress of your new truck when you get started on it. And Yes, I will be at "T&S" again! See you soon buddy!

--------
John_P

My sincere thanks to Scheid Diesel and ATS Diesel Performance.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #447
dieseldragster

Name: dieseldragster
Title: First to the sevens....
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
If John Porterfield and the Smiths Stand behind ATS, that says a lot in my book!

As a site owner I have to stay neutral in arguments/discussions of this caliber. ATS has been good for the Diesel Motorsports world for years. Don't let one mistake ruin all of their past accomplishments. Just my
Agree.

I have watched this thread and wonder about some of the comments. Let's get on with it. We have all said things that we later wish we hadn't, or done things we later wish we could take back.

Clint and his guys have done way more for the diesel racing and pulling business over the years than anyone. They have been through tough times and good times, and have stuck with it.

Clint and I are good friends, and in my opinion, he has been attacked and his products duplicated by many.

In the spirit of the holidays, lets move on.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #448
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
I agree this thread has had over 27,000 hits and 450 posts. That in the last 10 days. Lock this sucker and lets move on, nothing new, just a few single digit IQ type still venting their spleen.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #449
Durallymax

Name: Durallymax
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I think half of the people have already forgot this even happened. I know I did.

Funny how that works some times.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:47 AM   #450
cahammer

Name: cahammer
Title: I'm not fat I'm fluffy
Member`s Gallery
i am just reading about it for the first time i say leave it open and let others decide for themselfs i for one have no need for ats nor their products so i have no dog in this fight

Special Thanks To My Sponser:

http://www.monster4x4performance.com/

Old 12-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #451
cquestad

Name: cquestad
Member`s Gallery
I am not sure how anyone could forget...

Old 01-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #452
Splash

Name: Splash
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I have spent the last 4 hours at work reading this. I have joined because it is apparent that the people on this forum are dedicated to the growth of the sport and very knowledgable about diesels. I for one could care less what was written and whether it got sent. Whether or not is was meant to be sent is irelivent, everyone vents and thinks up some half-butted plan and thinks it is great, until someone else looks at and says, "What the F were you thinking" or "What Fing drugs were you on when you thought of this." Unfortunately I have done stupid things like that before within my own family, so anyone can and will do it. Nobody is perfect and everyone has an off day. And like I said above, some people can write something down think it sounds great until someelse reads it and points out the flaws.

I think the whole if 1 person has a bad experience and tells 10 people and they tell 10 people and all the people they tell will never buy a product is a bunch of BS. Think about it, if this were true than every company out there would have no business from the simple fact you can't please everyone. I believe this because where I work I have had people say, "I will never use "Company Name" again" and guess what, when that same person was in a bind, and I had what they needed, amazingly they used me again.
Sorry for the long post I am very bored at work and felt after spending 4 hours reading I had to contribute something.

I did not mean to start up the thread again or create anymore bashing, hating, or animosity, I just figured I would contribute. And I hope everything is understandable because I have never been the best at writing.

Ohh... and even though I don't know anyone on here yet, that is a nice boat and I look forward to getting advice on making my truck go fast.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #453
BluegrassDiesel

Name: BluegrassDiesel
Title: UK2K!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
John and Jimmy/Dale Smith are top notch for sure. Just dont ask John what he thinks about DTT

SHOP ONLINE @ http://WWW.SHOPBLUEGRASS.COM

97 DodgePPL Limited Pro Stock "The Crippler"
09 3500 GMC CCDually
05 Silverado SS

Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #454
John_P

Name: John_P
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
John and Jimmy/Dale Smith are top notch for sure. Just dont ask John what he thinks about DTT
---------------------------------------------------------
Josh:

Thanks for your comments Sir! The feeling is mutual.

I also gotta tell you that since I have known Tim Barber (TRE Diesel) (whom I highly like and respect) I have even come to respect what he and other DTT customers have done with those transmissions. Tim and others have shown they can hold up to a tremendous amount of abuse. As you know, it was one person and his actions there that upset me.

Thanks again.

--------
John_P

My sincere thanks to Scheid Diesel and ATS Diesel Performance.

Closed Thread