6.7 build

Dieselmafialb7

needs more air....
I have done a ton of reading but don't seem to have a clear answer will a stock 6.7 block make 1000hp reliably without sleeves and a deck plate?

was going for carrillos and new stock pistons cut and coated 188 cam 66/83 twins really mild setup?

or is it better to just scrap the 6.7 and go to 5.9? kinda wanted the nice sppoling of a 6.7 displacement.

im basically doing the same shortblock as you, i expect it to live a long life of very spirited driving at 850-900hp. pushing 1000hp worth of fuel and air through a stock block, especially if its been overbored, is not the best idea ever. albeit but many have done it!!

maybe think about a smaller cam for a street truck imo. good luck

carillo rods in the HD version are same price as the standard version. QSB pistons. that combo will hold 1500 hp but limited on the block.

I've dragged in 6.7s with blown head gaskets.
I saw no other reason for having been pulled and every one that had a head gasket failure had been deleted and tuned.
I think timing is an issue, in that it builds more cylinder pressure and the 6.7 doesn't like it without good head studs.

I've also wondered if anyone was fortuitous enough to re-torque the heads on the trucks when new, like they do now when they have been rebuilt?

Likely not, and that is probably where head gasket issues started on some.

Mark.

I don't see any problem with your list at 1k HP, just add ARP main studs, and GOOD custom Tuning.

Back