6.4l ford in a tug of war with a little of everything

Well, to be totally clear, every one of those extreme hauling photos shows an over the max GVWR Ford or Dodge. What's the point, some guys tow unsafe loads exceeding 30K lbs. Glad to see you guys with big ones cause there is no way I'd feel comfortable hauling 30K.

I've pulled enough weight with a Dodge truck that I needed another truck to push the trailer to help get it going.

The trucks can pull 20k no issues, so I don't even want to guess how much the trailers weighed in at. (yes, tow tandem)

This isn't an argument, just some education about the facts such as capacities, ratings, towing stability, build quality, safety, etc. Just trying to help some folks out. :Cheer:

Nice of you to educate us on those things. Now with that said you seem like a pretty smart guy or at least smart enough to read a ford pamphlet from the local dealership, since all your post, sound like the guy from "Dirty Jobs" that does the ford comercials on tv. So they say they are the best selling truck on the market, but funny there doesnt seem to more of them and rarely do you see people trading the off brands in on them unless it be a yota or something. So that would lead me to believe the same old poeple are just trading them in alot faster than the other makes. So knowing that you are going to have an answer for my next question and probally have 2 or 3 of these setting out behind the barn. When was the last time you heard of a million mile ford:eek:wned: :poke:

Well I will show you my first diesel pick up..............
Mvc-020s.jpg

It was the biggest dog I have ever driven. I sold it after 6 months, sure it had a great interior.....but that was about the only thing good about it.

And the only reason Ford is the top selling brand is because they are willing to bend over and lease their vehicles to local and state governments (including D.O.T's)

Nice of you to educate us on those things. Now with that said you seem like a pretty smart guy or at least smart enough to read a ford pamphlet from the local dealership, since all your post, sound like the guy from "Dirty Jobs" that does the ford comercials on tv. So they say they are the best selling truck on the market, but funny there doesnt seem to more of them and rarely do you see people trading the off brands in on them unless it be a yota or something. So that would lead me to believe the same old poeple are just trading them in alot faster than the other makes. So knowing that you are going to have an answer for my next question and probally have 2 or 3 of these setting out behind the barn. When was the last time you heard of a million mile ford:eek:wned: :poke:

You're definitely playing right field there. I don't claim to be the smartest bear in the forest. But I'm smart enough to google a thing or two. Give it a try, it's pretty easy. A quick search pulled up these two examples (a 1997 and a 2000), there's probably more with harder searching:

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/...9056-million-mile-powerstroke.html#post616286

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f28/million-mile-powerstroke-151127/

Most people don't keep their vehicles that long. But many engines can last the million mile mark with proper maintenance, even gas engines. In a ford, at least you have a better chance of having the truck still around the powerplant. And, well, to put it nicely, the dodge platform does not have the same reputation. :hehe: :poke:

And the only reason Ford is the top selling brand is because they are willing to bend over and lease their vehicles to local and state governments (including D.O.T's)

Oh, well, I guess I've got it all wrong. You see, all this time I thought they've been the top sellers for 30 years because of their superior capacities, durability, features/options for the working-man, long-lasting platforms (check around the local worksites), and Toby Keith. It's quite nice to know that although the manufacturer of the off brands rate the capacities thousands below the fords, that they really can haul more, and do it better. That's tricky. Wow, who would have thought that? Thanks for educating me. :bang

We pull hay when hay is booming. And also pull plant grass. Fords dont hold up out in the hay fields. Extreme_cummins on this board has a ol 96 12 va and i cant even beging to tell you the crazy amount of weight that ol girl has pulled out with. He has had to start off and 4 low and still have the tractor push him to so he can let out the clucth and try to get the little hx35 lite to start going down the high way. I am going to see if he still has pics in his phone and figure out a way to upload them on here

Oh, well, I guess I've got it all wrong. You see, all this time I thought they've been the top sellers for 30 years because of their superior capacities, durability, features/options for the working-man, long-lasting platforms (check around the local worksites), and Toby Keith. It's quite nice to know that although the manufacturer of the off brands rate the capacities thousands below the fords, that they really can haul more, and do it better. That's tricky. Wow, who would have thought that? Thanks for educating me. :bang

At least you admit that wrong, that's always a good start. Try taking your nose out of the latest dealership pamphlets and take a look around in the real world and you will see it's not as filled with the circled problems as you may think it is.

You're definitely playing right field there. I don't claim to be the smartest bear in the forest. But I'm smart enough to google a thing or two. Give it a try, it's pretty easy. A quick search pulled up these two examples (a 1997 and a 2000), there's probably more with harder searching:

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/...9056-million-mile-powerstroke.html#post616286

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f28/million-mile-powerstroke-151127/

Most people don't keep their vehicles that long. But many engines can last the million mile mark with proper maintenance, even gas engines. In a ford, at least you have a better chance of having the truck still around the powerplant. And, well, to put it nicely, the dodge platform does not have the same reputation. :hehe: :poke:

Interesting stuff. Just goes to show that if you maintain your vehicle properly and dont beat the ever livin hell out of it, ole girl will last forever.

At least you admit that wrong, that's always a good start. Try taking your nose out of the latest dealership pamphlets and take a look around in the real world and you will see it's not as filled with the circled problems as you may think it is.

:clap:

The same advice goes for you. Get out of your goat farm and and look around in the real world. You'll see fords in the working industry dominate 4 to 1 your little dodges. There is a reason they've been the top choice for 30 years of contractors and folks that work their vehicles hard day in and day out. They need a reliable platform that will hold up to their abuse. You can't argue with 30 years of being the top choice. :eek:wned:

:clap:

The same advice goes for you. Get out of your goat farm and and look around in the real world. You'll see fords in the working industry dominate 4 to 1 your little dodges. There is a reason they've been the top choice for 30 years of contractors and folks that work their vehicles hard day in and day out. They need a reliable platform that will hold up to their abuse. You can't argue with 30 years of being the top choice. :eek:wned:

LMAO...thank you for showing the entire forum you are a complete idiot. We thank you for the entertainment, now go have fun with your overweight slow pig while I go run circles around the goat pen and turn them black.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

This is my form of pulling!! hafta get brandon on here (97CTD) he used to do it with his old ford,, and I do it with my 6.0,,, 6.4`s havent faired too well this year,,,, check out my vids here www.myspace.com/strokerboy

haha lance I can't believe your ass is on here. It Jon Steelman from Jersey. If Lima wasn't an 11 hour drive from me I would hook up to you once lol. I am not braking **** that far from home. I will race you in a straight line though lol. I let you check out my new powerstroke since my old one died a wrongful death. I just added you to my myspace. Where are the video from lima last year:st:

LMAO...thank you for showing the entire forum you are a complete idiot. We thank you for the entertainment, now go have fun with your overweight slow pig while I go run circles around the goat pen and turn them black.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

That's all you got? Name calling? Wow, dude. You are sore. Overweight pig? Obviously, size doesn't matter to you. :hehe:

Guess it's time to lock this thread when the goat herders have resorted to name calling. Nice.

That's all you got? Name calling? Wow, dude. You are sore. Overweight pig? Obviously, size doesn't matter to you. :hehe:

Guess it's time to lock this thread when the goat herders have resorted to name calling. Nice.

Umm lets see here..I believe you were the one telling me to get away from the "goat farm" first there buddy. And in this last post called me a "goat herder"....so I suggest you check yourself.

And again...don't be mad because you over paid for a worthless truck that only performs well in the pamphlets....:eek:wned::thankyou2:

And again...don't be mad because you over paid for a worthless truck that only performs well in the pamphlets....:eek:wned::thankyou2:

:umno:
Huh? Have you completely missed the point of this thread? Or perhaps you're attempting 3rd grade reverse psychology? Either way, don't blame me if you're that insecure in your purchase decision. :badidea:

Just so it's clear for you, I'm extremely satisfied. In fact, I'm so happy that I'm even willing to help you understand what a real truck is supposed to be. Apparently you don't have any examples handy. :poke:

Good luck to you. I'm unsubscribing to this thread because I've made my point about the King of Trucks and your only response is name calling. The off brands can't compete yet, perhaps 2010 MY. But 31 years running outselling yours 4 to 1 is a pretty clear sign which platform has the best reputation. :kick:

It's ok pstrang, keep telling yourself that statistics mean something if it makes sleep better at night. But myself and the millions of other dodge CTD owners know the reality of the situation and that is all that matters. In fact there is enough of us "goat herders" out there that when you junk dies after 150K miles we might even be kind enough to tow it to the scrap yard for you.

Umm lets see here..I believe you were the one telling me to get away from the "goat farm" first there buddy. And in this last post called me a "goat herder"....so I suggest you check yourself.

I actually tried the dodge thing, so I can tell you from first hand experience that Dodge's are junk. A $34K dollar POS, now that's overpaying. And as for the motor it was ok but I would never sacrifice owning junk like that again to have a "million" mile motor, but on second hand it was in the shop 9 times for different things so I don't see it making it to 150K honestly.

I actually tried the dodge thing, so I can tell you from first hand experience that Dodge's are junk. A $34K dollar POS, now that's overpaying. And as for the motor it was ok but I would never sacrifice owning junk like that again to have a "million" mile motor, but on second hand it was in the shop 9 times for different things so I don't see it making it to 150K honestly.

I'd rather have a 34k dollar POS than a 48k dollar POS that can't get out of it's own way and will be dead by 150k. My 99' has 152k on it right now and I'll gurantee you won't find a 7.3L that is still all oringinal minus the injectors and turbo that makes the kind of power my truck does. Not to mention being able to tow ANYTHING I hook to it with out the bumper dragging the ground.

I had over 150k on my last two strokes. Good rigs. Just upgraded once to 4wd and another time to this truck because it was a great deal. I have owned 2 dodges and will own another 12v down the road one day. NEITHER of the dodges, 1 ton or 3/4 ton were anywhere near as good of a DD or tow vehicle as any one of my powerstrokes I M O....Just something about the way they pull doesnt feel right. I feel more comfortable pulling in a powerstroke. I will buy another 12v one day just because any tard with a crescent wrench can mod them and its cheap.

Actually fords hold up very well since my parents own a hay farm and all we use on it is fords. We just dont trust the dodges to hold up from what weve seen out of our neighbor who has had lots of trouble with his 2500 and so did my friend with his and to date weve never had a problem with anything on my f350 or my dads f250.
We pull hay when hay is booming. And also pull plant grass. Fords dont hold up out in the hay fields.

Back