This Rizzi/Milliken thing.

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Tony really blocking folks on the bookface for calling out his .786 60'?

This chit is hilarious.

Phil Baker has a way cooler timeslip.
673396fb2a2c6a1407953f974c999010.jpg

I don't think the grudge race is what's being called into question. What is being called in is Rizzi's 4.6001 pass. He posted a picture of just the times, no car number or track info at the top.

I don't think the grudge race is what's being called into question. What is being called in is Rizzi's 4.6001 pass. He posted a picture of just the times, no car number or track info at the top.

Oh for sure- Tony got to the stripe first. Ive just always been amazed at the lengths some will go to try to avoid admitting they smoked the lights.

Oh for sure- Tony got to the stripe first. Ive just always been amazed at the lengths some will go to try to avoid admitting they smoked the lights.

I did see a comment where he said he knew the 60ft time was off but wouldnt attest to not actually running a 4.60 because of it.

I did see a comment where he said he knew the 60ft time was off but wouldnt attest to not actually running a 4.60 because of it.

That slip showed a 4.9X. Nobody really cares about the times on the grudge match pass. Stop thinking about that pass. Everybody involved understands the times are off, but Rizzi crossed the line first.

There was a claim made that Rizzi ran a 4.60, a different day and time than this weekend. No slip was produced from that pass. That's what the matter at hand was, as it seems to have been settled by Jeremy Wagler. People's lack of reading comprehension kept leading the discussion astray from the original point of wanting to see the 4.600 slip.

I only caught snippets of it yesterday online. Seems Milliken was saying "yes i got beat, but there is no way that was a 4.60 car" then a few hours later "That is a legit 4.60 car"

But Phooker is right, it was a grudge race, and Milliken lost.

In the end, some friendly rivalry is good in this sport. Things need to get spiced up, and sometimes feeling need to get hurt. It is what keeps people in the garage a little bit later getting their chit dialed up right.

From my experience with smoking the lights in the past I can say I know exactly how it works....

I called out tony on this last year, and again few days ago.

Here is the issue.

When you smoke the lights, smoke remains in the bulbs and you won't red light, so you can leave super early and get a huge head start on the competition, then becaise of the incorrectly timed start the rest of the run is bogus that's why the 60 is so lightning fast, mph is the only true figure.

A man of integrity should have said this ain't right if he knew it, and the man with the correct slip wins, or both get re run.

That's how you handle things correctly.

Now it's been said that we need to be professional, yes I agree, but that starts in the shop, making sure your engine and exhaust is clean and not pointed out to the beams, make passes to verifie your legit, then race in competition and stay off the high school drama team online...... this makes you processional.

From my experience with smoking the lights in the past I can say I know exactly how it works....

I called out tony on this last year, and again few days ago.

Here is the issue.

When you smoke the lights, smoke remains in the bulbs and you won't red light, so you can leave super early and get a huge head start on the competition, then becaise of the incorrectly timed start the rest of the run is bogus that's why the 60 is so lightning fast, mph is the only true figure.

A man of integrity should have said this ain't right if he knew it, and the man with the correct slip wins, or both get re run.

That's how you handle things correctly.

Now it's been said that we need to be professional, yes I agree, but that starts in the shop, making sure your engine and exhaust is clean and not pointed out to the beams, make passes to verifie your legit, then race in competition and stay off the high school drama team online...... this makes you processional.

educate me how processional applies to the diesel scene please...do we sing to the timing lights?

He asked for a re-run and the offer was declined. First to the stripe doesn't lie. I think thats all that mattered in this situation.

Not to mention Ryan treed Tony and didn't go red so there's no way Tony red lit on their grudge race.

Not to mention Ryan treed Tony and didn't go red so there's no way Tony red lit on their grudge race.

When you smoke the lights your reaction time is always slow cause the beams don't catch when you actually leave, this is why you can't red light, yet get a killer time slip.

Tony left early and got a bogus slip, first to the strip is not legit if you smoke the lights.

Back