Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 02:00 AM   #1
Getboosted24v

Name: Getboosted24v
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Project nightmares never ending journey

Little behind the scene to this strung out fairytale. Pulled the head on my 01 last year and found cracks everywhere but the block haha. 3 cracked pistons cracked head and now here we are. I'm starting my build and have a base goal of where I want to be. I'm going to bore the block .020 over and have a set of mahle pistons fly cut and put in. Plan on running a 188/220 cam. New tappets, and billet pushrods. I've been told that shot peening and polishing the rods helps with strength so unless told otherwise I will probably go that route. (Hard to spend $3k on rods...) going to have the block and head cut for o-ring. (Good idea? Or not necessary?) will have the bottom end polished and balanced. Found a good head and will have it fully ported on the intake and exhaust side with a joker fab intake runner, 110# valve springs, titanium retainers, 3 angle valve grind, and decked in both sides. I've got a full modded and benched 12mm ppump flow chart showed 700ccs of fuel. Not 100% sure on injector size but was thinking a set of 6x16s or 6x18s. (Unless advised otherwise) .93 lines and crossover tubes. Steed manifold Now the fun part. The snails... or snail. What's recommended for a charger? I was thinking an s471 or s475. Unless I run a compound setup in which is probably run a s366 into an 86... gated of course because I know the rods won't like much over 80lbs of boost. In your guys opinion how's my build setup? I'm picking the block up from the powdercoat Friday and will start ordering parts Friday also. Have pretty much everything for the pump swap. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2249.jpg (299.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2250.jpg (328.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2521.jpg (136.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2713.JPG (224.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2753.jpg (321.2 KB, 0 views)

Old 02-12-2017, 02:03 AM   #2
Getboosted24v

Name: Getboosted24v
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
My goal is to be over 800. Sorry forgot to add that

Closed Thread