Where is a decent machine shop in OH?

02dirtymax

Can anybody point me to a decent machine shop in Southern Ohio to get the heads checked out and trued up on my Duramax? I am about an hour straight south of Columbus. I'm new to the area and have never had any machine work done before so I don't really have a clue where to go.

Did you try Enterprise Engine? I believe they're in Thornville, which should be pretty close to you.

Woodruff is down in New Vienna, I also use a place called Automotive Parts & Machine over in Beavercreek.

Where are you at in Southern OH?
Chris

I'm around Chillicothe. I talked to Woodruff and he is backed up several weeks and seemed fairly expensive. I am sure he does great work but this is just the tow rig, I'm not looking for anything fancy. I talked to the local chevy dealer and they said they use the NAPA shop in Chillicothe. I called them up and they said 80 bucks a piece to pressure check and give them a shave. Turnaround will be less than a week. That sounds very reasonable to me and the shop manager said they have done a decent amount of Duramax heads before.

Woodruff might be expensive, but me and a ton of other people can assure you. You get what you pay for!

You do get what you pay for! I wouldn't even consider doing a resurface without doing a valve job at the same time, but then again what do I know?

Valve job is still up in the air. We'll see what happens when I get it torn apart and get a good look at everything. Duramax stuff is expensive.... 2 heads....32 valves. Truck only has 139K on it, and I have a small head gasket leak. It is pressurizing the coolant, and it will only do it while towing. It could just be a loose injector cup too, won't know till I get it apart. Coolant temperatures and everything have been rock solid, so I am not expecting to really need much besides a slight cleanup and new gaskets. If it was the other truck I would be more willing to throw some cash at it.

go to power parts engineering.com call him his name is terry he is in glenford oh outside of columbus. he is a great guy and will stand behind his work

Book time on the job is 40 hours. I can't even imagine how many cases of beer this is going to take.

The dealership does not reseal injector sleeves when they replace injectors under warranty unless the sleeve comes out when they remove the injector. If this is in an LB7 and the dealer replaced any of the injectors under warranty I would be extra suspicious of a leaky injector sleeve, even if the injectors were never removed it's still the most likely place for a coolant to get away.

It is an LB7 and the injectors were replaced by dealer 14K ago. I've talked to a few Dmax shops and they said most likely the problem would have showed up sooner if a cup was popped during the injector job. I will be checking the sleeves out very closely when i start pulling this thing apart. If there is a noticable leak at a sleeve I might just reseal it and hope that is all my problem is. Hell of alot less work to just do that.

Also in Hamilton Oh Gene's machine. Great machine shop does a lot of performance machining tractors trucks you name it. Might be little far for you to go but worth a call see if Brent could work you in

Also in Hamilton Oh Gene's machine. Great machine shop does a lot of performance machining tractors trucks you name it. Might be little far for you to go but worth a call see if Brent could work you in

I would reseal the injector cups while you have the heads out. They are very easy to do. O-rings are around $20 and a tube of loctite.

Back