Rpm too high

PPUMPFUMMINS

So got my fummins all done, has a p24v, 13mm pump, built by scheid. I noticed idle was high on first start, but decided to drive it a few times, before adjusting it. Tried to adjust it today, and now won’t start without the throttle, and lowest I can get rpms without engine stalling is like 1000 rpms. Has .093 lines, 6x15 injectors, fass 240. Has scheid regulated return. Fuel pressure at 65 psi. Any help would be appreciated. Pump has maybe 50 miles on it since it was built.

I had three 13 mm pumps, all were like that. If I set the idle down where it should be, it would start bucking in gear(automatic) at idle. I'd loosen the springs as much as I could but it always seemed to need 1 or 2 more clicks but they were as loose as they could go. Ran out of fuel before 3000 rpm as well with the springs backed off. Always wondered if there was a way to fix the problem.

I had three 13 mm pumps, all were like that. If I set the idle down where it should be, it would start bucking in gear(automatic) at idle. I'd loosen the springs as much as I could but it always seemed to need 1 or 2 more clicks but they were as loose as they could go. Ran out of fuel before 3000 rpm as well with the springs backed off. Always wondered if there was a way to fix the problem.

About to send a pump to seth for this exact problem, could be the springs themselves, ive fixed a ton of peoples gov spring idle issues but this one in particular i havent been able to. Too loose =good idle but no top end, one click tighter =1000rpm idle and good power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to send a pump to seth for this exact problem, could be the springs themselves, ive fixed a ton of peoples gov spring idle issues but this one in particular i havent been able to. Too loose =good idle but no top end, one click tighter =1000rpm idle and good power

Old thread, but any luck in finding a cure?

It's all in the gov springs used, I switched to using Haisley 5k's way back, and my 13mm cranks with a bump of the key, and has a strong and low idle.

I'm sure after all this time there are other good spring sets out there, but used to be for 5k's, the Haisleys were the best all around.

Back