6.7 stock ECM rpm limit

reed cummins

Can't find any recent info on this. Need more rpm out of my 6.7 sled puller. 06 ecm and harness on the way. Wondering what the performance tuners can get out of a stock 6.7 ECM before I do the swap.

Not entirely sure. I'd like to know too. Reiff diesel says they can rework my 6.7 harness much easier than using the 06 harness. All the info I've found online seems to be using the 06 harness.

Some tuners can get 3800 from EFI but most are limited to 3500 fuel cut off.

06 ecm can net you over 5500 easy.

I just swapped an 06 ecm into my 2008 6.7 using the Fleece harness. Fairly simple swap. Requires 5.9 Alternator along with power and ground and a push start switch. Used my existing engine harness as well. Now I have fuel to 5k plus rpms

Does anyone know of a detailed write up on the 06 to 6.7 ECM swap? I can find bits and pieces but nothing that really covers the whole job.

Does anyone know of a detailed write up on the 06 to 6.7 ECM swap? I can find bits and pieces but nothing that really covers the whole job.

Call fleece, order the harness, source a CMB849, plug in, flash efi file in with the proper settings and turn key.

Call fleece, order the harness, source a CMB849, plug in, flash efi file in with the proper settings and turn key.

Almost that simple. Thats what I did but you forgot 5.9 alternator and some may require a push start switch. I did

Both local trucks I've seen done both use factory key to start the truck, and yes I forgot the alternator.

The fleece harness alt plug is setup for a 5.9 alternator. 5.9 and 6.7 plugs are different.
Local alternator shop sourced the the back piece for a 5.9 alt and just swapped that out instead of the whole alt unit.

Problem is that fleece harness is way out of budget for me. Can it be done using the 06 harness? This is a dedicated puller, dash not important although tach would be nice.

Back