Portable Booster Pack

We're looking to buy one to use at truck pulls and around the shop. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with any particular brands or models? Thinking about buying this one, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about them.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=&item_ID=650765&group_ID=675865&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

I just got one like this and its great! I never tried it on completely dead or junk batteries but with low batteries (so low you only get half a crank and click click click from the starter) it will boost enough to start my 02 duramax.

Just keep an eye on chargers. I bought 8 booster packs and month later we had 3 charger cords left, they vanish. I still have three of the booster packs from when I owned wreckers, no charger cords. :hehe:

Just keep an eye on chargers. I bought 8 booster packs and month later we had 3 charger cords left, they vanish. I still have three of the booster packs from when I owned wreckers, no charger cords. :hehe:

Well that's the cool thing about the snap-on unit. It has a male 110 plug built into the side, all you need is an extension cord and you're in business. That was a key feature when I went looking for one.

Back