your thoughts please....

Make it as big as you can, Zach, and then some. Us dummies trying to race diesels will figure out how to apply the torque.

Yes, it's called making power at a higher rpm lol. There is already an abundance in torque. I still try to wrap my head around why we aren't following the gasser crowd on the trend to reduce torque.

Yes, it's called making power at a higher rpm lol. There is already an abundance in torque. I still try to wrap my head around why we aren't following the gasser crowd on the trend to reduce torque.

Some of us have been doing that allready, since about mid 2000's...

Any thoughts on doing a lower deck 6.7 block (stock minus the .080" or whatever it was that Ashley Black was taking off of them)? Only reason I ask is it sounds like you designed the deck robust, and thought for some guys like me that aren't well healed, it could gives us 5.9 common rail guys another way to go 6.4 if our motors grenade, melt down, whatever. We'd just be buying a block and pistons as opposed to block, pistons, and Carillo rods. Also, did you ever make another batch of rods? If you're looking at doing a tow monster version, are there pistons available with the iron top ring insert?

We are looking at releasing custom and oem replacement crankshafts for the 5.9l/6.7l (4.724"/4.880") as well as releasing a 5.00" stroker crank.

Anybody interested in the 5.00" stroke? I'm thinking the 5" stroke, 4.3" bore block with our new CR head would make quite a torque monster for you guys that tow a lot. Thoughts?

Also, we have almost completed our test pieces on our new blocks. They will have a deck thickness of 1.4", which is almost .600" thicker than OEM. The floor of the coolant jacket where the mains will tie in have .500" more material. There will be gussets from the head bolts bosses to the floor of the coolant jacket.
We are looking at an exoskeleton and possible a cross bolt main cap as well as gussets to the mains in the block.

My goal is to have them made in two bore sizes 4.250 and 4.300. The 4.3" would come with 62mm cam bore for our most aggressive cams.

Also our new head would be around 260CFM out of the box.

Thought on a 7.1L short block?

Here are a few pics of what we are working on and then some of the gussets we plan to incorporate into our block.

I don't know how I haven't seen this until now... I have honestly been thinking and talking about this for years. But, being a self funded small guy makes things take for ever. I would be interested.

Screenshot_20170329-200505_zpsobalphgc.png

Last edited:
Best to use the "Direct Link" url on PB, then wrap it in the [ img][ /img] tags on here, I guess?

Mark.

Do the blocks currently on your website have the improvements in strength listed above or are they cast just like stock blocks? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that Mark. No final pricing yet on the new 6.7l block. We are just now getting our test blocks and heads in. Its got the deck plate cast into the block. Also, gusseted cylinder walls. columns to tie the deck into the mains, .080" thicker cylinder walls per side, round coolant holes around the cylinder wall instead of elongated holes and 1" smaller freeze plug holes. We are also looking at having the front of the block drilled to accept the CR or 6bt front covers.

Back