Ford 3000, pump tweeks?

Anyone???? Any customization done by anyone at all? I hope im not the only one who thinks about a turbo, n smoke on this thing!

Ford 3000 tractors came with either a CAV or a SIMMS injection pump. CAV pumps can be some what tricky to turn up.. I have never turned up a Simms pump.. If you want to do a turbocharger on a 3000, you will have to take your battery tray and modify it, so you have room for your turbocharger.. A later model Ford 3930 has an exhaust manifold and intake manifold that would possibly work.. Dustin

Oh man, I completly forgot about this thread. Its got the Simms pump. What turbo would be good on this? HY-9? im thinking the small exhaust housing would make for a good spooling, and spin it up better? being only a 168CI I think?

hehehe bring on the pump mods!! lol, I just wanna see some smoke when I romp the throttle or work it good n hard.

the simms pump can be turned up slightly but need to be done so on a test stand. i wouldn't recommend turning it up but about 10% so you don't have to worry about egt's under a load

The engine in a Ford 3000 diesel is actually a 201 c.u.i. You can turn the simms pump up quite a bit, and it should be done on a pump stand so you can actually match the turbo for the fuel output. You dont want to be burning up your engine.. dustin

Thats right, 201. Cool, I'll have to see what my local pullin assoc. will let me get away with. N I'll have to give my diesel shop a call. Thanks guys!

its real easy. if they are the same as the 6 cyl. simms and i believe they are, there is a screw w/ a lock nut on top. back it out till it gets tight and go back in a half turn. you will want to advance the timin too, also pretty simple. i put a hx-35 on my 4000 it get 6 psi but clears up all the smoke from a cranked cav pump and mack 5x.10 nozzles. i had to make a sheet metal hood though.

Back