Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Opinions allow me to see a different part of the Apple imo.. and allows me to make a more informed choice..

As for Ifta.. I'm sitting on a avg $0.33 a mile tax credit this year.. I've already out down 82,000 miles since 1/1/16.. and we got 13-14 weeks left of the year...
Feel free to do that math on 110-120k miles.. I think you'll see/understand my MPG concern

Like zfaylor said its all what you want in the end.

My biggest thought with a class 8 single axle is growth. If you decide to get bigger or haul bigger loads you have the truck to do it.

Just my $0.02. Take it for what is worth.

In a medium duty I like it. I see what you are saying but 12 liters really aren't needed in medium duty and which parts would you honestly be replacing on a C10 in a medium duty truck that can't be taken from a C12? If you need a cylinder pack or a turbocharger 9/10 times the CAT dealer you are dealing with only has filters and valve cover gaskets in stock anyways.

Yea but if you were ordering a truck what would be the advantage of ordering the 10 over the 12? Marathon Oil had a bunch of those, same size and weight. Had a sterling here with a 350hp 6NZ. Wtf was the point of that? Big block with the power of a C10. Last new truck I ordered the C13 was more expensive than the C15.

Yea but if you were ordering a truck what would be the advantage of ordering the 10 over the 12? Marathon Oil had a bunch of those, same size and weight. Had a sterling here with a 350hp 6NZ. Wtf was the point of that? Big block with the power of a C10. Last new truck I ordered the C13 was more expensive than the C15.

Nearly every concrete truck I've encountered had the low horsepower C12s. I've never understood it either. The biggest problem I can see with all of our fantasies about building malibus truck for him is we are all ignoring the fact that he won't let us spend his money. LOL

What is your absolute dream truck malibu?

Mechanically..
ISL9 size engine, completely de emissions, @400/1200- 450/1500 hp/tq with engine retarder
The LMM is ~400/800 at tires so.. ~450/900-950 crank ish extra 3-400tq would definitely run
9/13sp Eaton double OD
air suspension F/R with full manual dump and over inflate capability on both axles
air disc(meritor pan 19, 14.8" disc brakes),
245/70/19.5" H load
9k/17k axles, (lockable diff)
26k/54k gvwr/gcvwr
34-36" top frame height, ( preferred 32" but doubt I'll have enough up travel between bottom of frame and top of axle, it be less than 3" up travel with 10 5/8" common frame size, on rough measurements and 5" axle tube)
170" WB.
100-150 gallons onboard
10 5/8" frame
Body
42" flat top style sleeper, with a proportionately widened/lengthened/raised, pickup truck style cab, keeping the truck under 84" tall preferred less than 78"
Obviously full power windows/locks/seats/mirrors
Heat/cooled seats
Heated mirrors
Keyless entry with remote start
AC/heat with cabin filters
Full HUD display, plus DIC with mechanical gauges

Obviously this truck currently doesn't exists

Last edited:
bb8e67cce66c17e1dec2f7c3824ddfc6.jpg

I was spotted today lol

Here's what I used to run haulin cars around the northeast. A great little truck. C12@410 hp with jake, a 10 speed and 3:90 rear. All it needed was a diff lock for the northeast winters. Always had enough power, brakes ect. Never felt overworked. I don't recall mpg though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't drive for a living anymore, but I might again someday. I bought this truck a few years ago with the intention to haul boats, and expand my family business. About 4hrs after I bought it, I found out my wife was pregnant with our first, so that changed my plans. Since then a lot has changed, and we're no longer in the boat business. I just can't let go of it, not sure what I will do with it now. Another project awaiting time and money.

1984 Peterbilt 359, L10 cummins with a 9 over. A little under powered for most, but it was exactly what I was looking for.
3672a2e76af0e15c6e1612d430d8d0d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice ..go take some pics of that coe pete with the bullhaulers in front of the shop..
hard to believe you work that truck....

ahhh..the future...............wtf:bang

Attachments

• Daimler-Future-Trucks-Autonomous-Trucks-all-Set-for-2025-5.jpg
    Daimler-Future-Trucks-Autonomous-Trucks-all-Set-for-2025-5.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
Back