Big turbo, big injectors, big problems

xcablb7

I put elite 255 inj, return regulated fuel system and an insanity turbo on my friends truck it now soots like crazy, won't spool, and egt's are @ 1600. also it cranks forever before it starts. i couldn't get in touch with elite to get a tune for the sct, but it's like that with any tune or any level of the banks six gun

There is NO WAAY a Banks controller will work with those mods now.
You need to call Tadd, and get him to set up a tune to that truck, with those mods.
I wouldn't be running it till then.

Seriously how would you even think to install such radical mods and run it off of a Banks Six Gun??????You know that truck needs custom tuning asap....Period end of story.....I second calling Tadd immediately.....

I'm surprised if he already has an Xcal programmer, why wouldn't Tadd send him a tune along with the hard parts, or at least discuss the need for proper programming?

And what are you planning on doing with this truck? Definately not going to be streetable with that setup, IMO.

DSC00831.jpg
DSC00833.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00843.jpgYeah call Tadd. Good Luck with that.I got a compound kit from him and none of the plumbing is fitting,not even close.It's near impossible to get ahold of him for support and to answer some questions about his **** set-up.Seems to me that after the sale is made they don't want nothin' to do with their customers!I got injectors,fuel system,ported heads,fire rings,etc,etc from them.After spending thousands of dollars you'd think they'd answer some phone calls.I could write a book about the problems I've had with the crew at elite.

The high power compounds.Got billed in April,didn't get shipped till July after phone calls every two weeks,and being told every two weeks it'll be a couple weeks.When they finally shipped about seventy percent of the kit showed up with absolutely no install instructions so I didn't even know if I had all the parts,I about had to beg for a set of instructions.A week later another two boxes show up with some pipes,a week after that another box with coolant lines and other parts.Had to call again to get the intake tubes they forgot to send.Oh yeah when the instructions finaaly got sent they were incomplete,nothing about the wastegate regulators or oil and coolant lines.Numerous phone calls later finally got them.Many calls were never returned.Even after I told them I didn't want to come on the forums and bash them,they still refused to get their **** together.
Tadd went smart-ass on me,telling me if I didn't like the product I could send it back.Yeah,right the cab's off the truck and 80% of the work is done that ain't happenin'.Anybody think I oughta back charge them for all the extra time and fabbing that went into this "kit"?

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00787.jpg
Here's a pic of the grinding we had to do to the intake manifold to fit the oil block.The other pic is the oil drain tube for the big turbo that we had to re-work to make it fit.Right now we are waiting for them to send a new pedestal for the large turbo.

Man that really sucks to say the least, You wold think you get what you pay for not some household garage setup.

One question though for you on your behalf, Why is there ANY pipe dope on ANY of the fittings in the picture with the oil block? Arent those JIC and ORFS fittings and not pipe?

Call eric at innoavative diesel for your tunes. He has proven time and time again that he builds some nasty tunes. He is the only tuner that has crew cab trucks running 11'S in the 1/4 mile. As for the twins setup hopefully you get justice in the end. What was the cost of the twins. Like 8500 or something.

those are the same exact problems i had with elite got billed one month and told parts would ship the next day or day after , 4 1/2 weeks later and about 30 phone calls they showed up. the only thing that fit well was the down pipe. and i know the six gun shouldn't be used but i tried the tunes that we had in the sct, and the 50 h.p. tow tune kinda worked i was just trying to see if the banks would fuel it less. and i called several times to try and get a tune and got no answers back. i found a local guy with a dyno that has the sct diesel software i'm taking it there next week so i can tune it. i tune dmaxes all the time with efi, i'm sure i can get this one if not i'll call eric i've heard some good things about him. i'm done with elite.

Man that really sucks to say the least, You wold think you get what you pay for not some household garage setup.

One question though for you on your behalf, Why is there ANY pipe dope on ANY of the fittings in the picture with the oil block? Arent those JIC and ORFS fittings and not pipe?

Cause we had to pull it apart a few times to get it to fit.There is dope on it now.I'm thinking about calling VISA and disputing the charges (didn't get what I paid for).I've documented all the B.S.,what do y'all think I should do?

You can dispute anything with VISA.....thats what I would do, Then he WILL have to fight back to give VISA an explanation that you will also recieve.

My point was there should not be any dope at all on any of those fittings unless its actual pipe. They should come apart many times . Sealing the thread will absolutely do nothing, it will leak around where it swivels anyways. And pipe dope on O-Rings is not good for the O-rings, it will cause them to swell and eventually they will leak.

i tune dmaxes all the time with efi, i'm sure i can get this one if not i'll call eric i've heard some good things about him..
Make sure you don't use to much of the D-max tuning as basis for the Ford tuning. For instance you can run like 28 degrees of timing in the d-max and that will blow the 6.0 pretty fast.

Back