96' 47RE TPS Reading

Turbonetics TQ

Turbonetics Turbochargers
I have been having some really odd shifting for a very long time and last night I plugged in a scan tool that would display the TPS reading that the PCM views. I had fixed a loose brake pedal which would cause the brake switch to act strange and fail, but I continued to have a torque converter lock-up issue and was diving deeper.

TPS showing 5% and would not change with throttle input. So, I plugged in my POT that I had built a long time ago and it works just fine (I can vary it from 0%-100% and it reciprocates that on the scan tool).

I then removed the TPS from the pump, plugged it in and actuated it using a flat head screwdriver. It would display 0%-100% on the scan tool.

Next, I went to install the TPS back on the truck, but I kept the scan tool under the hood to watch what its reading during installation. I had to "finagle" it so it would read 0% when bolted down.
Now it will sweep from 0% to roughly 80% from no throttle to full throttle.
The truck shifts better than it has in years!

I am trying to see if anybody has viewed the TPS on a scan tool and what their range is that you see?
-Should I be seeing 0%-100%?
I cannot seem to find a spec for the range requirements.
My scan tool (Auto Engineuity) does not display voltage, I could spoon in to the backside of the plug and measure with my Fluke if needed.

I believe it’s on my thread about the pot mod where some guys here were helping me out. I’ll dig it up or you can if I don’t report back timely.

I’ve ran a pot in the past . Picked up a new to me 12v last week and want overdrive to engage later but still utilize the tps . It’s out of adjustment room. Trying to think of a way to adjust it even more for later upshifts

Back