Cracked Griffin radiator

skav

I was loading the truck today while getting ready for my trip when I noticed that the radiator was leaking. I popped the hood and saw the epoxy that attaches the core to the tank was cracked on the drivers side. I was really surprised that it was epoxied instead of welded. The radiator is only a year old.

Is this common??? I hope not, because it wasn't want I would call cheap.

Luckily, summit is replacing it, but I don't want to take a chance on it happening again. What other options are there for aftermarket radiators?

Mishimoto has some very nice performance aluminum radiators. That's where I'm gonna get mine.

Thanks for the info. I just checked out the website. I wish I would have known about Mishimoto last year before I purchased the Griffin. They are about the same price, but the Mishi looks better, plus it's fully tigged. Summit sent out a new replacement, which I installed yesterday. I'll run it for now and keep my eye on it.

Don't know if built TOUGH Radiator has resolved their fitment issues on the Dodge radiators, but they offer 3 and 4 core radiators that are brass and copper. Great price, great heat dissipation and repairable.

Just had the same issue mine is 5 years old though. Had to send it back to them for them to tell me non repairable and $850 for a new unit.... Mine is custom width core though not the average off the shelf cummins unit.

Just had the same issue mine is 5 years old though. Had to send it back to them for them to tell me non repairable and $850 for a new unit.... Mine is custom width core though not the average off the shelf cummins unit.

I'd do the Mitshimoto if I had to do it again.

Back